pork butt for a family that is having a hard time.

sparky

i had some work done on my mak 1 star heat deflectors from my biker friend (i will post next week). when i went to pick them up and pay him he told me about a family he knows who's dad lost his job 6 months ago and that are having a hard time. my friend ask instead of paying him money about i make them some food. no problem w/ that partner. how can i feed a family for awhile. pork butt baby.

welp, here we go. some costco boneless pork butts (i am liking these boneless butt because i can put glue and rub on the inside of them).

PA070002.jpg

the players.

PA070011.jpg

oh ya. all rubbed up w/ the good stuff (that didn't sound good).

PA070015.jpg

onto #36 for 2 hours of smoke and then 225º (pellet boss rules, i just love these grills).

PA070017.jpg

good morning little buddies.

PA080019.jpg

wrapped at 170 w/ some apple juice until 200º.

PA080024.jpg

pulled and resting in coolers.

PA080026.jpg

1st one taste great.

PA080030.jpg

good deep smoke ring. great color and very moist. i am getting there.

PA080032.jpg

2nd one.

PA080037.jpg

well, all pack up. left to the bikers house (mikey) and we then went to the grocery store and each spend $50 on food and what not then got a gift cert for $100 so they can come and get what they want. i felt pretty good. when i got home my wife gave me a big kiss. she thought what mikey and i did was very nice and that we have good hearts. nah, its just the right thing to do for a family in need. it's all good.

Last edited:

ACW3

Great giving spirit! Sparky and Mikey, you are the best! We should all have hearts this big!

Art

bsotoy

Good job Sparky, you got me thinking... when I cook, there is a lot of room left on the smoker.. everyone of us like to share, just look at the posts on this forum... Thanks for the "focus" Sparky! "field goal"!

Top Bottom