Soileau's "Bayou Skyline" Chili Dogs

squirtthecat

Time for some post season Cardinal's baseball! Figured I would fix something special to munch on while watching the game..

Start with some Snake River Farms Kobe beef franks.

IMGP6095.JPG

Hit with a couple hours of smoke, and then back in the fridge overnight to soak it up.

Now, some Cajun chili with a nod to Cincinnati. ;D

IMGP6277.JPG

(didn't use the tomato paste after all)

1.25 pound Ground chuck and 1/2 an onion into the Griswold, on the MAK at 325°.

IMGP6279.JPG

Brown it down. Cut the temperature, and add 1/2 the packet of Soileau's chili mix.

IMGP6289.JPG

Stir it in good.

IMGP6290.JPG

Cube up 8oz of Velveeta and incorporate.

IMGP6298.JPG

3 cups of Macaroni, cooked and ready to go.

IMGP6299.JPG

Stir in it, and add 1/2 cup milk.

IMGP6309.JPG

I let it sit in the MAK on 'smoke' while I finished watering the flowers, and getting the franks and buns ready.
Picked up a little more color.

IMGP6313.JPG

Plate it up.

IMGP6324.JPG

Grab a folk, and Play Ball!

sparky

i have never seen that before. i like it. very cool. its a good thing you cut your soileau's in 1/2. that stuff is real hot. how was it. bet it tasted good just by itself. yummy meal you got there squirt. nice. :cool:

squirtthecat

It was really good! Just the right amount of heat, but it still made my head sweat a bit. Those Kobe franks are to die for..

ACW3

They both look great by themselves. I'd almost hate to mess up a Kobe HD with anything but some mustard and onion.

Art

TentHunter

Two thumbs up from Ohio!

Now, some Cajun chili with a nod to Cincinnati. ;D

He he... nice nod!

Ohioans love their chili and Cincinnati, consuming the most chili per capita, is the Chili Capital of the U.S.

Man I was drooling over those Cheesy-Chili-Mac hot dogs when I saw them in the contest thread. This Ohio boy gives you two thumbs up!!

Top Bottom