2 Star Probe Reading

Swineisdevine

My pellet boss is displaying a "high" message when my probe is used. I looked in the owners manual and found that it can display "low" but no mention of high.

Any thoughts of what is going on? Did I screw up the probe up somehow?

MAK DADDY

Depends on your grill serial number/version of firmware. The newer grills like yours (447 plus or V1.7 plus) probes will only register to 225 degrees then will display high, this is to keep people from using them incorrectly (not in food).
If your probe is out of the grill where you know it's not above 225 degrees and reads high then the probe is faulty.
The older probes were very prone to failure, we are using MUCH better probes now so just contact us and we will get you fixed up :)

Swineisdevine

Thanks for the quick response!

I'll check with the probe out this evening. I just ordered a probe and M-2 probe from you folks today so I should be covered if I screwed up the original.

BYW I love my 2-star!

Deimatt

About what date/year did you start going to the higher quality? I just had two go whack on me this morning..plugged in on an out of the fridge Shoulder, and they are both reading 150 off the bat and climbing..pulled them and wiped them both down but still doing it. My portable aftermarket/temp sensor is in there for now. tT is reading low 30's and the MAK probe has came down to 61 and holding. Not sure what is going on.

MAK DADDY

We switched out to the new probes in July of 2011.
I would check your probe jacks on the controller to make sure they are dry by blowing some canned air in them.
Shoot me an email if your still having problems.
[email protected]

Deimatt

We switched out to the new probes in July of 2011.
I would check your probe jacks on the controller to make sure they are dry by blowing some canned air in them.
Shoot me an email if your still having problems.
[email protected]

Thanks B! I came back out about an hour later and they were working perfectly. Probably just what you said. I might go ahead and order a couple though. Can't hurt to have some ready to go in case of failure!

Top Bottom