This is almost too easy...

Pete

I'm at work and have a shoulder smoking at home on the Memphis! 70/30 Apple/Mesquite and lots of yardbird w/ apple, sugar, and soy injection. I put it on at 8:30 and it should be ready right around dinner time.

Well, I guess it isn't truly easy because I'm working, but the cooking part is certainly effortless.

Does anyone else cheat? Aside from sleeping during a smoke, that is?

TTNuge

I almost bought a Stoker just for remote temp monitoring of the MAK. That way you can watch your temps on the web and/or mobile device!

Deb

I'm at work and have a shoulder smoking at home on the Memphis! 70/30 Apple/Mesquite and lots of yardbird w/ apple, sugar, and soy injection. I put it on at 8:30 and it should be ready right around dinner time.

hmmm......... assuming Pete works til 5.... I have just enough time to get to Manchester and snag that shoulder before he gets home. It's almost too easy ;);)

Deb

I love to load the kayak on my vehicle, throw something in the Traeger and then go kayak

sparky

i love to throw anything on my traeger and just sit and have a fat tire and watch the smoke come out. i am simple man. it's the little things that make me happy.

Last edited:

Pete

hmmm......... assuming Pete works til 5.... I have just enough time to get to Manchester and snag that shoulder before he gets home. It's almost too easy ;);)

Deb, I work until 3:00 on Fridays as a little treat for myself, seeing as how I have a 40-45 minute commute. Sorry I missed ya! heh heh heh

The pork just hit 195 so I pulled and foiled, going to let it sit an hour or two before pulling. It was so windy today that this small shoulder took 11 hours @255!

jimsbarbecue

I use the Stoker to send emails to my smart phone every 30 minutes. Makes it easy to cook and do things around town while the pellet smoker is doing the cooking

Phrett Bender

I bought a Stoker for the BGE my wife had to have, and find it excellent for monitoring my pellet cooks. I did a few butts last night and to have the status of everything on the laptop on the nightstand rocks. Also the fire alarms will warn me if the fire runs hot or goes out, or if anything causes the meat to cook too fast.

Phrett Bender

Ya know, I always looked at those not posting pix of a finished cooked claiming they were too busy with a jaded eye. I must say to them, "I'm truly sorry!" Today when things got to the proverbial "turn in time" for dinner I was too busy and did not thing of pix!

HPIM2567.jpg

HPIM2573.jpg

HPIM2571.jpg

HPIM2575.jpg

Top Bottom