MAK grilled crappie two ways

Chili Head

Thought I would try a couple of first time dishes on the MAK and they turned out spectacular! Fish and cheese cake :D

012-2.jpg

First off I grilled the veggies for the salad.

018-2.jpg

While the asparagus and tomatoes were cooking I got the ingredients ready for the parmesan crappie.

In a bowl I mixed the following ingredients and spread it over three of the fillets.

1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
1/4 mayonnaise
2 TB lemon juice
1 TB Butter
1 minced garlic clove
1 ts minced basil
1/2 ts of old bay seasoning

016-2.jpg

019-2.jpg

The ingredients I used for the other fillets were:

1/4 ts of garlic powder
1/4 ts of onion powder
1/4 ts of paprika
3 TB butter
2 minced garlic cloves
1 TS chopped parsley
salt and pepper to taste

In a bowl I mixed the dry seasonings and sprinkled it over the fish. In a sauce pan I melted the butter and then added the minced garlic and parsley.

017-2.jpg

46e1ad20-58db-aeea.jpg

continued

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Chili Head

Once the asparagus and tomatoes were done it was time to put the salad together.

In a bowl combine the asparagus, tomatoes, sliced onion and garlic. Drizzle with EVOO and add 1 TB of balsamic vinegar and toss it. Add a little basil and it's done!

023-1.jpg

Time to cook some fish!

First up was the parmesan crappie. Burning apple and cherry pellets I pre heated the MAK to 450º .

024-2.jpg

Once the parmesan fillets were done the seasoned fillets took their turn in the MAK. I started these flesh side down and then flipped them over after about 3 minutes. Once flipped I brushed them with the oil, butter and garlic mixture.

026-2.jpg

Here's the money shot!

We have a fillet of parmesan and a fillet of the dry seasoned fish with a side of the asparagus and tomato salad with goat cheese. A couple slices of lemon to squeeze on the fish as well.

033-1.jpg

031-1.jpg

Next up..you guessed it! DESSERT!

Chili Head

Mini Cheese Cakes with Strawberry and Cherry topping and Toffee with Whipped Cream Cheese Cakes.

004-2.jpg

This is so easy there's no reason not to try it!

Take 2 8oz packages of cream cheese, 3/4 cup of sugar, 1 ts of vanilla extract, vanilla waffers and 2 eggs.

Place a vanilla waffer in a baking cup and mix your other ingredients in a bowl.

Fill some cups with the plain mixture then add some of the toffee to the remaining mixture.

007-2.jpg

008-3.jpg

009-2.jpg

I baked these at 350º burning apple and cherry pellets for 15 minutes.

010-2.jpg

We have cherry on the left, toffee in the center and strawberry on the right.

034-1.jpg

These turned out great considering I've never made cheese cake before :p

The entire meal was just perfect. The fish turned out nice and flakey not dry in the slightest bit. The salad was very light and complimented the fish perfectly.
The dessert.. who dosent like cheese cake??!

Enjoy!

Last edited:

cowgirl

Oh Wow!!! What a great feast! Everything looks outstanding Chili Head! Thank you for sharing your recipes too.. I hope to give them a try.

ACW3

CH,
Good looking groceries! Interesting take on the Crappie. Might have to give that a try, too.

Art

ITFD#15

Nice job! Crappie is one of my most favorites, I take holidays to fish for these taste pan fish.
I will be trying this one.

BBQ Joe

Wow! What a meal. I have been trying to get my wife to go out and get us some crappies all summer with no luck. She fishes, I cook. Maybe these pictures will get her going!

Top Bottom