Grilled Shrimp Sopes and Cholula Hot Sauce

cowgirl

I did a taste test on some Cholula hot sauces the other day..

Grilled some shrimp on the Memphis Pro for one meal and saved a few of the shrimp for the taste test.

d753207b-1.jpg

3bfcd932-1.jpg

I received a sample pack of Chipotle, Chili Garlic, Original and Chili lime...

1f898440-1.jpg

I fried some sopes, topped them with a black bean/corn/jalapeno relish....then grilled shrimp, sour cream and asadero cheese..

1598c20c-1.jpg

2499b461-1.jpg

Then put dash or two of each sauce on a sope....

2b159a39-1.jpg

Then I got to taste them...

7e2978ee-2.jpg

I couldn't pick a favorite.. I liked them all....
and it was fun taste testing them. :)

Thanks for looking!

Chili Head

Fun tasting them?? I BET!!
That sauce is good on everything! I've only seen the original around here though..still looking for the others :D
I like the way you taste test too! Looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cowgirl

Thanks Chili Head!
I had tasted the Original and Chili Lime before and really like them. The Chili Garlic and Chipotle are great too... can't wait to try them on a variety of things. :)

cowgirl

Looks like a great test to me! Maybe line up some different beers to try too :)

lol I would need help with a beer test Rip. I tried testing several Mexican beers one time.... had to buy a six pack of each kind. I STILL have a bunch of it left over. :)
Thanks Rip!

ACW3

Rip,
x2, buddy. I'm there for a hot sauce/cold beer tasting. Sounds like a great idea.

Art

SmokeAndSpice

That looks great!

I've long been a fan of the original Cholula. Before I could get it locally I used to stock up when travelling to more enlightened places. I've never seen the other flavors but will be keeping an eye out.

cowgirl

Thanks Art and SmokeAndSpice! A friend told me that Cholula makes a dry seasoning mix too.. I'm going to see if I can find some to try as a dry rub.

ACW3

I just tried to find the dry Cholula on line. Amazon has several listed, but not yet available. Must be really new. Now they really have my interest. I may need to find some "pantry extenders" to add any more spices, or actually anything to my collection.

Art

TentHunter

Cholula hot sauces are good!

I love your test Jeanie.

Are those homemade sopes? How was your shrimp harvest this year?

cowgirl

Thanks Dan! I've been in the mood for shrimp and any seafood lately. Can't seem to get enough of it. I live in the wrong area. lol

Thank you Art! lol Great idea about the pantry extenders.. I could use some too. :)

Cliff thanks!! The taste test was fun. :) I liked all of them. I bought the sopes, they come packaged pre-formed and ready to fry. Saves a little time.
The drought and high temperatures this summer pretty well ruined the shrimp harvest. The water just gets too hot when temps are in the 100's for so many days in a row.
Hope things go better next season.
Thanks again! :)

Top Bottom