I love my Pellet Boss!!!

Here was the dilemma....My wife wanted spatchcock chicken, but my daughter had a late afternoon soccer game. If I waited until the game was over, we would have eaten very late. If I cooked the chicken the normal way I cook spatchcock chicken, it would be way overdone by the time I got back from the game.

Pellet Boss to the rescue!!!

IMG_3283.jpg

First, I seasoned the spatchcock chicken with MAK Bird Rub and BP's Desert Gold. Then on to the MAK.

IMG_3267.jpg

IMG_3268.jpg

Then I programmed the Pellet Boss to SMOKE for 45 min, then ramp up to 325°F until it reached an IT of 165°F, then return to SMOKE until I got home. I am getting much better at timing now. When I returned home, the IT was 157°F. Shortly the temp returned to SMOKE, and sure enough the IT was reading 165°F! How cool is that! This thing is amazing :D.

IMG_3270.jpg

While the bird was resting, I cranked up the MAK to 400°F. I seasoned some asparagus with Annie's EVOO with garlic and BP's Desert Gold. On to the MAK:

IMG_3271.jpg

All plated up (it was actually better than the last time I cooked it):

IMG_3272.jpg

HogSmoker

Gona have try me some of the asparagus on the grill looks really good. MAK grills even a caveman could use them I believe :)

jimsbarbecue

I use the pelletboss a lot because I am always doing something else. When working in the garage when it turns to smoke like you had yours set. I can smell the heavy smoke and know the food is close.

sparky

i use my pellet boss' all the time. i like the user programs. 1st program = pork butt, 2nd program = brisket and 3 program = chicken. all the programs start on smoke then to cook temp until probe reaches the right degrees. very simple. i also use the elapsed time mode every time i cook ribs. they come out great because of the sequences i put them threw from watching the elasped time. very cool. :)

ACW3

Sparky,
Too bad there isn't a 4th program for FT beer. Everytime the alarm goes off, time for another FT.

Art

Top Bottom