Continuing my rib quest

Chili Head

I'm still hunting for that perfect flavor profile. So tonight I played around with some commercial rubs I haven't tried yet. I smoked a couple slabs for a buddy and put on some tips for me. I've tried the B&W BBQ rub so I was comfortable with how that was going to turn out but Im hoping he likes the head country. The lighter color is the head country rub.

46e1ad20-561b-75e6.jpg

46e1ad20-5752-ca47.jpg

One of the tips got head country, one got BPs garlic seasoned salt with pepper and soileaus the third got bone sucking sauce.

46e1ad20-58f5-639d.jpg

I smoked for 45 minutes then bumped the temp in the 2 star to 275. An hour and thirty minutes later they got foiled for another 1 hour.

46e1ad20-5d63-d938.jpg

46e1ad20-5a12-4ef4.jpg

I pulled the slabs a bit early and didn't put them back on to sauce them. Since my buddy is heating them up they can be sauced at that time I figured.

The tips were done and got cut up. The wife had hers inhaled before I got mine ready to eat. Good sign!

46e1ad20-5c39-ba47.jpg

46e1ad20-5d9c-5192.jpg

My favorite was the John Henry's , the seasoned garlic salt with pepper and soileaus was a close second. It was a tad salty. Next time I'm using half as much seasoning and it will rock! I'm still on the fence with the bone sucking sauce. I think it needs some heat. Something to work on.

The quest continues.. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sparky

Do you mean head country was your favorite? By the way your ribs look great. :)

Last edited:

delsurf

I have found some homemade rubs I have really liked in "Paul Kirk's Championship Barbecue" cookbook. There are real simple ones and pretty complex ones. I find homemade is more funny to experiment with homemades.

Top Bottom