great smoked salmon

sparky

at least thats what the wife said. i have tried smoking salmon in the warming draw and it didn't work that well. so, new idea. my magical mak (#336) smokes real well. i friend of mine fishes alot. well, the american river just opened up for salmon last week or so. i got some first run salmon filets. i washed it off and dried really well. all i added was some desert gold & soileau's on it.

PA150007.jpg

threw it in the main chamber on a rack on smoke setting.

PA150004.jpg

i think it smoked for 4 or 5 hours. it was some of the best smoked salmon i have ever had. had to make sure it wasn't poison by checking the tail section.

PA150019.jpg

the color and flavor was excellent. i was amazed how well it tasted.

PA150015-1.jpg

the wife made some smoked salmon eggs benedict out of it. it was great w/ homemade hollandaise sauce. oh man. sorry no pics. just plum forgot. i had 4 of them. ya for me.

ACW3

Sparky,
I love smoked salmon, hot or cold smoked. If you have any left try a little as part of a salmon dip with mayo and fresh dill. This is real tasty on crackers. I use lots of salmon so the "dip" is kind of chunky.

Art

sparky

Spark you are doing great cookin!

thank you. i learned from watching you cook at the comps i have been too. trying to keep it simple. i am trying to keep the flavors delicate but flavorful at the same time. trying to refine my skills. nah, just been getting lucky later w/ the flavors lately. :)

Jables

I'll have to try this. I have always cold smoked my salmon, but I've been wondering when to try it on the traeger. Those sox in the freezer will be tasty.

Top Bottom