Triple Jack Daniels Pork

TentHunter

Triple JD Pulled Pork - Part 1

A good friend is extremely ill and one of his favorite BBQ dishes is Jack Daniels Pulled Pork, so I thought I'd make some for him. Ironically this is also the Jack Daniels Comp weekend.

I started by cutting two pork butts in half to increase the surface area for bark & smoke. It also cuts down on the cook time a little. I hit them with some homemade pork rub.
JDPORK01.JPG

Here's the first way JD is used; I mixed up 4 lb. of Sugar Maple pellets with a couple handfuls of BBQ'rs Delight Jack Daniels Pellets. These went into the hopper to get things going. This should give a sweet smoke with a pungent hint of Jack Daniels essence.
JDPORK02.JPG

Stay tuned for more...

Last edited:

TentHunter

Triple JD pork - Part 2 - The Braise

Ok, the pork butts have been on for a few hours to catch some good smoke. It's foil Love time to continue building the flavor profile and get those butts nice and tender.

The braising liquid is a cup each: Brown Sugar, Cider Vinegar & Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey (thanks Art for the correction).
JDPORK03.JPG

Pour the liquid right over top, seal with foil, put back in a 350° pit to braise for a few more hours. Because of the sugars in the rub & the liquid, the bark will continue to darken.
JDPORK04.JPG

More to come...

Last edited:

ACW3

TH,
Reread the label on your bottle. It's Tennessee Whiskey, not Kentucky Bourbon. The Kentucky folks will be livid if you call Jack Daniels a bourbon, much less a Kentcuky bourbon. Watching your six.

Art

Jables

TH,
Reread the label on your bottle. It's Tennessee Whiskey, not Kentucky Bourbon. The Kentucky folks will be livid if you call Jack Daniels a bourbon, much less a Kentcuky bourbon. Watching your six.

Art

Hehe, whisky or is it whiskey, depends where you live. Did I mention i love scotch? That's a whole other forum. Victoria whisky festival coming up. Can't wait.

TentHunter

Yikes, I can't believe I typed that! :eek:

I must've had KENTUCKY bourbon on the brain!

Its corrected now thanks Art!

Last edited:

TentHunter

Triple JD pork - Part 3 - The Sauce & the Pull

Time to make the Homemade Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce.
JDPORK05.JPG

Apple-Jack Beans (Apples, Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce, Bacon, Onion, Kidney, Pinto & Great Northern Beans, & some additional seasonings).
JDPORK06.JPG

The Butts are done and pulled. About half of the pan juices go back into the pork after it's been pulled. The smell was heavenly and the pan juices explode with flavor.
JDPORK07.JPG

Here's a couple of closeup shots. The smoke ring was really deep. That pan of water does the trick.
JDPORK08.JPG

JDPORK09.JPG

We get to eat ours tomorrow. I can't wait!

Last edited:

TentHunter

Finally! - The Plated pics

Thanks for the kind words everyone! :)

We finally got to eat our share late last evening after we got home from Community Band rehearsal & the kids also had a band concert at the high school last evening.

The Apple-Jack Daniels Beans:
JDPORK10.JPG

The Triple Jack Daniels Pulled pork with the J.D. BBQ Sauce
JDPORK11.JPG

Thanks.

Top Bottom