Jack Daniels ribs for lunch

Decided I had to try some ribs on Jack Daniels weekend.

Started off with some baby backs, FM, BP Little Louie's w/P, and 3EYZ:

IMG_3303.jpg

On to the MAK at 225°F (I know everyone likes 275°F, but I needed these to take longer because I was out most of the morning):

IMG_3304.jpg

Then made a spritzing mix of Jack Daniels and apple juice:

IMG_3305.jpg

Then some FL with a twist...I added the Jack Daniels/apple juice to the bottom of the foil pack (after the picture was taken though :():

IMG_3306.jpg

While the ribs were in FL, I made a Jack Daniels barbeque glaze. Combined Jack Daniels, soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, and garlic powder in a sauce pan and simmered until it thickened a bit (straight from the Jack Daniels web site).

Out of FL:

IMG_3308.jpg

Had a color that Sparky would be proud of :D. Back on the MAK and brushed with the Jack Daniels BBQ glaze for 20-30 minutes.

IMG_3310.jpg

The finished product:

IMG_3311.jpg

and the money shot:

IMG_3315.jpg

These were really good. I am 2 for 2 this weekend with the family. Wasn't sure that would be the case trying to cook with whiskey! One more meal to go tonight.

sparky

love the color. excellent job partner. nice crust on those ribs. how did you like the jack daniels spray and in the FL? sounds like a great rib cook. how was the flavor? really nice. 2 thumbs up garth.....:)

Last edited:
Sparky, the flavor was excellent. My wife even said they tied with her favorite of all time (which was finished with Bob Gibsons BBQ sauce). Not sure if how much of the flavor was from the spray, the spray in the FL, or the Jack Daniels BBQ glaze, but the combination was great. You won't be disappointed. It did not have a strong whiskey flavor. The kids loved them.:cool:

Top Bottom