Mak General grease leaking out of everywhere

Tback

Just got my new general # 682. Did bacon on my first cook and everything looked fine, the grease ran into the bucket. Did two beer can chickens today and I had liquid running out the front corner on the drip bucket end. Out the seam by the pellett dump drawer, out from between the stainless steel lid and the painted one. Is this normal ? Chicken was great but what a mess.

Chili Head

Not normal at all! Sounds like the piece the drip try rests on, on the right side isn't installed correctly. It's backwards maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MAK DADDY

The flange on the bottom of the grease sheild (triangle piece) should be protruding toward the fire pot. This keeps grease inside the chute.

P1020133.jpg

smokenovice

Beside making sure the grease pan is laying correctly (Flame Zone direct heat cooking areas on left side when facing the MAK), also make sure the right side of this grease pan is seated over the grease shield; otherwise, the grease will fall short of outgoing chute collection area :)

Big Poppa

Administrator
yes it was operator error dont worry grumpy! The only way grease can get into the fire area is if the deflector tray is not set properly

Big Poppa

Administrator
Its funny Forums are great but the manufacturer is right there and so are we...the public forums usually has no follow up once you fix the issue

Top Bottom