Wagyu Tri-Tip and Kurobuta Chops Pt1

bflodan

Picked up a nice Wagyu Tri-Tip

055-2.jpg

And a couple thick double cut Kurobuta Pork Chops

081-2.jpg

Marinated Tri-Tip in a Garlic and Herb Balsamic Reduction (kids where nuts and I never got a pic) then added a little BPSGS with pepper and BPDSSR the chops took a little Garlic EVOO, BPSGS with pepper and BPDGS.

083-2.jpg

Cut up some fingerlings, carrots, onion and seasoned with evoo, BPSGS with pepper, BPDGS and some shredded parm..

080-3.jpg

All onto the MAK on smoke for 20min then up to 300. Pulled the Pork when it hit 135 and the Tri-Tip when it hit 127... Cranked the MAK with my sear grate on.. Put the meat back on for about 3 min a side, pulled and foiled.... Added a little herb and garlic butter to the Tri before foiling..

087-1.jpg

093-3.jpg

095-2.jpg

096-2.jpg

100-2.jpg

103-4.jpg

Another Excellent MAK meal!!

bflodan

PT 2 Desert

My Wife wanted to make an apple cake desert that she had found so I got the food pulled and the MAK down to 350 and let her take over... Had some huge fresh Honey Crisp Apples, some eggs and a Tastefully Simple apple cake mix.. Chopped the apple and mixed..

084-1.jpg

086-1.jpg

Onto the MAK at 350 for about 50 Min

091-3.jpg

105-3.jpg

Topped with a caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream...

106-4.jpg

It was fantastic... I gotta get her on the MAK more often!!

Big Poppa

Administrator
The deal with the Wagyu or prime tri tip is that you have to cook it a little more than you normally would to render the marble out. Great job!

Top Bottom