I'm Jayhawk and I as of this Monday will have my order in for a new pellet smoker.

jayhawk

After days and days of research, I have come to the the conclusion that I deserve a MAK. My wife is on board. I have been cooking on my Jenn-Air grill and Cookshack smoker for years. I to encountered an implosion of my grill. The doors blew open and the tank valve was on fire. All I can say is my liquid courage kicked in. Pretty scary since my wife and kids were next to me during this event. My wife refuses to cook on the grill to this day. I am so excited and can't wait to experience the pellet phenomenon. I have to thank my dad for his introduction to me of this culture. He has referred myself to BP for all my needs. I also look forward to meeting and learning from everyone on this site. Cheers!! Oh and by the way BP's sales/customer service is outstanding! I'm sure everyone already knows.

jimsbarbecue

Welcome .
It is a decision you will be happy you made. The MAK with its Pellet Boss has a lot of features, which sometimes worries folk. When all you do is turn it on use the up or down arrow to adjust the temp and hit the set button.

jayhawk

Thank you all for the warm welcome. The anticipation is overwhelming. In the mean time I guess I will work on tweaking my Jamaican Jerk BBQ sauce for my wings. I think this will be my first cook. My wife will enjoy the simplicity of cooking on this beast. I usually never buy something without physically seeing it in person. I feel confident I am making a great investment.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Hey Jayhawk! Did your Dad but an ABS from us? Nice man. He will end up with a MAK too after tasting the food on yours! Thanks for joining and thanks to the family for the business!

jayhawk

He sure did buy the ABS. He couldn't be more happy. The MAK topic has been the highlight of many of our conversations. I think he is strategically planning on the 3 Star General. He's already asking if there is a 4 Star in the works as well. LOL

KyNola

Jayhawk,
You are SO going to be happy you bought that MAK. Great smoker/grill and even more importantly great company that makes 'em.

ACW3

Jayhawk,
Welcome to the world of pellet cooking. Since my MAK arrived, I have been using it as much as I can. My wife calls my MAK my new girlfriend since I spend so much time with it, or researching what I will cook next. It's not a bad thing, believe me. I just cold smoked two steelhead trout today. They look good, if I do say so myself. I will post some pictures later. I have even been in touch with nepas about trying to do some sausage making and smoking. So many things to cook, so little time...

Art

jayhawk

I can't wait. Till then my CookShack wood smoker will suffice. I have read great things about Nepas and his sausage. I will definitely be in contact with him in the near future on this topic for advice. I am in the works of creating a ribeye sausage. The possibilities do seem endless and it is great to be a part of this family.

So Cal Smoker

Welcome to the form JayHawk, your in for some of the best food and fun you have ever had. Your wife is going to love the MAK so much you will have to make a schedule to see who's turn it is to cook.

CarterQ

Welcome, you made a great choice. I bought my MAK sight unseen as well, directly from MAK, and it blew my expectations (which were high) right out of the water! The folks at MAK are outstanding and their customer service is the best I have seen from any company, coupled with BP which you already know you can't go wrong. I feel for you though, the hardest part about a new MAK is waiting for it, stay strong and it will be there soon enough!

MAK DADDY

Welcome and a big thank you for buying an American made product we really appreciate it!
Be sure to tell us your first impressions when you get the grill, that is my favorite part :)

Top Bottom