It's the Great PorkButt, Charlie Brown

squirtthecat

Monday's office cafeteria menu.

blue%252520plate%252520special.jpg

Time to cook up a SCARY amount of pork butts! (68 pounds)

IMGP7051.JPG

Cue the Spooky MAK/Traeger combo.

20111028180252.jpg

Some Frighteningly good rub. (Salt Lick Clone and 2/3rds bottle of Williams Enhancer)

IMGP7054.JPG

A bit of downright Terrifyingly sticky Molasses.

IMGP7056.JPG

Load 'em up and rub 'em down.

IMGP7059.JPG

IMGP7063.JPG

Couple hours on 'Smoke' while the Cardinal's Game is on.

IMGP7067.JPG

Bump to 225° and head to bed while the smoked pork nightmares continue in the back yard..

Continued..

squirtthecat

It's the Great PorkButt, Charlie Brown continued

7AM check. Doesn't that bark just send chills down your spine??

IMGP7069.JPG

Traeger butts are done, wrapped and into the Cambro.

IMGP7073.JPG

I need the MAK for some poultry work, so I pile the MAK butts into the Traeger and top the hopper off.

IMGP7075.JPG

--

These 5 are done.

IMGP7100.JPG

And the Cambro is stuffed. I yanked 2 out to make room, so they are about to get pulled shortly.

IMGP7105.JPG

--

Ok, the first 3 are pulled. Here is 2 of them in a full steam table pan.

20111029125629.jpg

Love that Molasses bark..

20111029125648.jpg

Those are all stuffed in buckets in the fridge. Now, I still have to pull the other 5 in an hour or so..

--

And... We're done. Ended up with 38.5 pounds pulled pork after some quality control. ;)

Chillin' in the fridge for now. Some will be vacuum sealed for a buddy of mine, the rest will go to the office cafeteria lady for Monday's Pork Treat.

20111029161144.jpg

IMGP7072.JPG

sparky

wow, holy s#!t. thats alot of butts. i do love the molasses bark on those butts. nicely done partner. were going to have to get you a pork puller tool for xmas. :)

squirtthecat

Oh Wow that looks so good!! I can imagine the aroma in your neighborhood... Mmmmmm... :)

And the piles of foil and buckets of grease! Yuk! :cool:

Thanks everyone, it turned out great. She served about 7-8 pounds worth on Monday, and the rest went into the cafeteria freezer for another rainy day. (or 2)

She piles them high, about 1/4 pound per sandwich. Nobody leaves hungry. (and they pay her accordingly ;))

HogSmoker

Wow those butts will make a grown man cry ! Have yet to cook a butt on my 1star BUTT going too soon ! And with the molasses too !

Top Bottom