Char Siu ribs, Teriyaki Beef & Pear/Cranberry/Chocolate egg rolls

Deb

Had to do an early dinner tonight - rescheduled trick or treating tonight

ribs, I can do ribs :p

I decided to change them up from the normal ribs... the char siu ones I did a few months ago were good but I wanted to try them again with a few changes to the recipe...... last night I made the char siu marinade and put the ribs in. I also put some steak tips in a teriyaki marinade ....... and cooked some jasmine rice to use for fried rice

this morning I chopped a few veggies - some will go to fried rice and some to baked egg rolls
photo-51.jpg

got the ribs on the grill , this is a little bit before foiling
photo-53-1.jpg

ready for foil, modified sparky style - a little honey drizzle and more char siu marinade
photo-54-1.jpg

I missed pictures of the egg roll & fried rice prep

then I started dessert -- cut up some pears, mixed with a splash of lemon, brown sugar, cinnamon and a few diced up cranberries. Placed a layer of semi-sweet chocolate chunks down on an egg roll wrapper, then the fruit on top and then rolled them up.

photo-51-1.jpg

the grill went up to high with the grill grates....... the teriyaki beef went on the grill grates, the ribs back in to finish up and the egg rolls in to bake

photo-55-1.jpg

the meat
photo-57.jpg

dinner all plated up
photo-61.jpg

the ribs were cooked a little more than I would have liked, I had a hard time getting a good picture but they were awesome. They were not dry like the one above looks :(. The char siu flavor was great this time. Now I need to figure out what I did and document it

dessert - pear, cranberry, chocolate egg roll
for a throw together dessert this was awesome & the picture doesn't do it justice
photo-60.jpg

enjoy

sparky

this looks so good. i love the ribs, beef sticks, rice and dessert. that looks like such a yummy meal. i would like 2 of the dessert plz. :)

Top Bottom