Tri-talian Beef Tip sliders

squirtthecat

Meant to start this last night, but it was damp, windy and cold. Today is just windy and cold.

(forgive the first 2 blurry shots, somebody turned off the auto-focus on my camera :confused:)

CAB tri-tip, after the hack job I did trimming it.

IMGP7176.JPG

Rubbed down with some Wooster and Louie's Italian Beef seasoning.

IMGP7178.JPG

Onto the MAK over the direct/indirect flame zone. Running around 275° at the grate.

IMGP7189.JPG

I'm going to take it to 140° or so, rest a bit, then slice against the grain.

--
Getting some color, time to flip.

IMGP7193.JPG

And about 25 minutes later (dang these cook fast), I get a 145° reading. I didn't want to stab it anymore, so we'll call it close enough.

IMGP7196.JPG

IMGP7197.JPG

Wrapped tight in foil and resting in the microwave for a while. Then after some fridge time, a sharp knife and a cutting board, Part II continues.. Kinda hard not to tear into it now. Stupid time change. :eek:

squirtthecat

Tri-talian Beef Tip sliders cont..

After some microwave/fridge time, I sliced it up. (crappy phone pics)

20111106133037.jpg

20111106133050.jpg

Line the slow cooker with Pepperoncinis.

20111106133957.jpg

Then the beef.

20111106134245.jpg

Mix the pepperoncini juice with some of this.

20111106134112.jpg

Kind of a funky green slurry.

20111106134455.jpg

Partially cover the beef with the hot mix, and dump in the rest of the peppers.

20111106134624.jpg

Lid on, set to 'Low' and let it ride for 4 hours or so..

BBL.

--

Got the real camera out.

Getting closer..

IMGP7205.JPG

--

Going 'open face' tonight..

Topped with some of the Louie's Au Jus + pickled pepper juice + foil drippings for gravy.

IMGP7211.JPG

Let's eat!

sparky

heading to work right now and wowers. that looks so good. i give it 2 yummies. good job squirt. :)

ACW3

Squirt,
That looks soooo good! I just bought a meat slicer, and Italian beef is on my list to try. I have two corned beefs thawing now that I will turn into some pastrami, soon. My first real test of the slicer.

Art

Chili Head

Squirt that looks awesome man!! I would have to get out the fat pants if I started eating that! I don't think I could stop until it hurt. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

squirtthecat

Thanks! Actually, it could be a pretty light meal (minus the carbs). Whole wheat dinner rolls, the tri-tip is pretty lean, and the fake box potatoes were made with skim milk. :cool:

Next time, I'll smoke 2 tri-tips. We demolished that little one. Just enough scraps left over from the Au Jus for a killer Maid-Rite..

Top Bottom