Smoked Montreal Chicken Seasoned Thighs

smoker pete

Trimmed a few Chicken Thighs of their excess skin and fat not to just make them look pretty but I learned that if you're not going to eat it you might as well trim it! Rubbed the Chicken Thighs with some Annie's Roasted Garlic EVOO for the Glue and seasoned them on/under the skin with Montreal Chicken Seasoning. Tossed them in the fridge for 3½ hours.

Thighs1.jpg

Preheated the MAK 2 Star with Hickory Pellets and used the SMOKE setpoint for 1 hour before bumping the temperature to 325ºF until the Internal Temperature of the Chicken Thighs reached 180ºF. Chose to do them skin side down ... Either way works great!

Thighs2.jpg

An hour of Smoke and 30 minutes at 325ºF got the Chicken Thighs to an IT of 180ºF. Rested them under a foil tent for 20 minutes while I steamed some Brussels Sprouts and put the finishing touches on some tater salad.

Thighs3.jpg

The money $shot ... A couple of delicious Montreal Chicken Seasoned Thighs served with a side of Potato Salad and a few Brussels Sprouts ... Bon Appétit

Thighs4.jpg

I highly recommend trying Montreal Chicken Seasoning. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. There's a ton of Chicken Rubs out there and they're all good but variety is the spice of life!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom