Halloween Pork Butt

CarterQ

All the monsters and their parents are coming over to our house to go trick or treating tonight so pulled pork got the call for dinner.

The joy of pellet cooking is being able to toss the meat on the grill, toss one back, and then hit the hay!

IMG_0966.jpg

Lathered up with Frenchs Yellow and Big Bob Gibson rub, been sitting in the fridge for 3 days

IMG_0972.jpg

Close the lid and pass the baton to the Pellet Boss for the night shift.

CarterQ

Halloween Pork Butt #2

Woke up to this-

IMG_0974.jpg

Nothing better than a cup of cofee on a clear morning, the smell of hickory and watching the MAK smoke away-

IMG_0983.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg

IMG_0982.jpg

CarterQ

Halloween Pork Butt #3

Got a call from a friend wanting to know if his brother and sis in law could pile for the evening, just one thing- they don't eat pork. Hmmm, make the mad dash to the store and pick up a chuck roast and throw it on for BBQ beef, hope this works!

IMG_0978.jpg

CarterQ

"old" frogmat had been sittin in the smoke for 12 hours. I throw my frogmats in the dishwasher after use and they come out almost new.

With the beef it was all a waste, not only did the freeloaders not eat pork, they also did not show up! Beef came out so so, but i didn't serve it anyway!

IMG_0777.jpg

Last edited:

CarterQ

Pork butt came out perfect-

Pulled at 195, foiled, wrapped in a towel and in an ice chest for 3 hours

IMG_0987.jpg

Ready for pullin

IMG_0989.jpg

Starting to get pulled

IMG_0990.jpg

It looks like they liked it

IMG_1007.jpg

Carter13

Looks tasty CarterQ,
Where did you get those frogmats? They look like the same stuff I have seen at Home Depot or are they different?

CarterQ

Not sure what home depot sells. Frogmats are a specially coated Fabric mat that can handle high temps and is non stick. Big poppas smokers sells them in various sizes. Whatever you are looking at make sure it is either FDA or USDA compliant for direct contact with food

TentHunter

That pork looks awfully tasty & that chuck looks pretty dang nice to me too (really nice bark). Its one of my favorite cuts of beef to smoke & pull.

I haven't eaten much since Thursday except home made soup my wife made I can't wait to fire up the smoker and eat something substantial.

Top Bottom