PDA

View Full Version : My Name is DolpinLvr AKA Jeff and I am a wanna be pellet smoker

DolphinLvr
10-31-2010, 07:00 PM
Hello all!

I am DolphinLvr (Jeff), I love anything to do with the outdoors as well as cooking outdoors. I have lived in Washington State for the last 8 years and I love it up here (except all the rain!), but most of my life has been spent in Southern California by the beach!

Hopefully I will be ordering my MAK 2 Star General in the very near future! As soon as I can convince the wife/banker! Anyone offer 0% financing????

TTNuge
10-31-2010, 07:24 PM
Welcome Jeff. You will love the MAK. If only the wives could taste the food before the purchase, it would make convincing them much easier. I know mine was on board after the first meal or two.

Big Poppa
10-31-2010, 07:26 PM
Let me have a word with her! Welcome! I grew up in Newport...where di you? Actually there are some who still think I havent grown up......

DolphinLvr
10-31-2010, 07:29 PM
Thanks TTN

I was at an outdoor sup[ply place with the wife today and they were selling a few Traegers. Well the salesman asked me if he can help and I politely started to tell him that I was new to smoking and looking into pellet grills and their stock of pellets. Well before I knew it, I was telling him about all of the features of the MAK and all he kept saying was "sweet!" LOL

The wife also made the comment that she wont have to cook anymore once I get one and that will be fine with me!

By the way.......Anyone reading this, the 0% interest was a joke........I for got to put the LOL at the end.....heheh

DolphinLvr
10-31-2010, 07:32 PM
Let me have a word with her! Welcome! I grew up in Newport...where di you? Actually there are some who still think I havent grown up......

Thanks for the welcome Big Poppa! I love all your video's and I can tell you that I will be buying my MAK from you once I get the approval!

I grew up in Torrance/Redondo Beach! I love the weather down there and miss the beach, but thats about it! LOL

Big Poppa
10-31-2010, 08:39 PM
I agree Im in La Quinta...I love the desert. I used to play at the Lighthouse in the 80's.....

CarterQ
10-31-2010, 11:36 PM
Welcome aboard, you will love the MAK and once your wife gets a taste of the magic you can create she will be sold. Just be aware that once a MAK arrives it will take over and whoever is in charge of it will be responsible for cooking the majority of meals! We used the MAK 6 days last week for dinner! You wont be sorry with a MAK, great customer service from the factory and if you get it through Big Poppa well that's a cherry on top.

Deb
11-01-2010, 03:50 AM
Welcome Jeff!!

DolphinLvr
11-01-2010, 06:44 AM
Welcome aboard, you will love the MAK and once your wife gets a taste of the magic you can create she will be sold. Just be aware that once a MAK arrives it will take over and whoever is in charge of it will be responsible for cooking the majority of meals! We used the MAK 6 days last week for dinner! You wont be sorry with a MAK, great customer service from the factory and if you get it through Big Poppa well that's a cherry on top.

Thanks Carter! The wife has already said I will be doing most of the cooking which is fine by me!!! And from what I have read on these boards, your are right about the customer service from Big Poppa!

Thank you Deb!

So Cal Smoker
11-01-2010, 07:02 AM
Welcome Jeff from San Diego, no matter where you get your MAK just get it. Buyers remorse is something you will never know.

Bill

Big Poppa
11-01-2010, 08:59 AM
so cal It matters to me where he gets his mak! hahahahahah

DolphinLvr
11-01-2010, 09:32 AM
Well with the best prices and great customer Service .....how could I not.......hehehe

scooter
11-01-2010, 11:55 AM
Welcome Jeff!

So Cal Smoker
11-01-2010, 01:10 PM
Ooops, sorry BP and shame on me. LOL. Jeff Big Poppa is the bomb and he can cook too.

TentHunter
11-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Welcome Jeff.

If you're looking for a lot of friendly, talented folks with lots of knowledge about smoking then you've come to the right place!

DolphinLvr
11-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Thanks Tent! will be loving it here alot more once I order my pellet grill! Then you all wont be able to keep me quiet........LOL

jimsbarbecue
11-01-2010, 09:25 PM
Welcome to some good smokin

MAK DADDY
11-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Welcome Jeff, loved the Traeger story! One of our dealers picked up a MAK grill from here then went to their plant to pick up an order of parts from them and all the salesmen were drooling over the MAK in his truck LOL.

DolphinLvr
11-02-2010, 05:58 PM
Welcome Jeff, loved the Traeger story! One of our dealers picked up a MAK grill from here then went to their plant to pick up an order of parts from them and all the salesmen were drooling over the MAK in his truck LOL.

Thanks MAK Daddy! I am slowly working on the wife....LOL

I told her this morning that if I got the grill before Xmas, I could do a Black Peppered Ham on it.... ;)

kupua
11-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Howzit! local boy transplanted in Torrance!

DolphinLvr
11-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Hey Kupua! I havent been back in Torrance since 98 when I attended my High School Reunion

Big Poppa
11-03-2010, 09:12 PM
Ill make her one too.

Trooper
11-05-2010, 12:11 PM
Do your homework & make your decision.
You won't be dissapointed.
Remember -
Fire + pellets + food = NEIGHBORHOOD FREINDS

KyNola
11-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Welcome Jeff!
I can tell you don't need any convincing but you are going to love that MAK. I bought mine sight unseen from MAK Daddy after only a couple conversations with him. He's in Oregon and I'm in Kentucky. That should tell you how much confidence he has in his equipment and it shows.

DolphinLvr
11-05-2010, 01:51 PM
Trooper - Homerwork is all Done and decision is made, now i have to work on schmoozing the wife LOL. There is a Meat shop that is doing a pellet grill demo tomorrow and I thought I would go check it out. I highly doubt they will have a MAK there, but we shall see. The wife told me to not come home with a Grill!!!! She's gonna require lotsa schmoozing!

KY - Thanks for the welcome! I know I am going to love the MAK 2! I was thinking for a BRIEF second about the MAK 1, but I like the MAK 2 and its capabilities.