Peppered Beef Tip Roast With Cheese Twists And Salad

Chili Head

Todays dinner was a peppered beef tip roast with home made cheese twists and a salad.

Tonights ingredients.

1010.jpg

First up was to get the tip roast seasoned and into the fridge. I used a 3 pound roast for this and the following ingredients.

1 ts dried mustard
1 ts cracked peppercorns
1 clove minced garlic
1 ts olive oil

Mix the spices with the EVOO and cover the roast. Once the roast was seasoned it was covered and put into the fridge for a couple of hours.

1012.jpg

1014.jpg

1015.jpg

Next up is the dough for the cheese twists.

The ingredients for the twists are:
1 cup of flour
1/2 ts of baking soda
1/2 ts of dried mustard
1/2 ts of salt
1/8 ts of cayenne pepper
3/4 cup of parmesan cheese
1/2 cup of butter
3 egg yolks
2 ts of water

All of this went into the kitchen aid until the mixture became crumbly.

1019.jpg

1025.jpg

1026.jpg

continued..

Last edited:

Chili Head

Next the dough was rolled out and sliced up into 1/4 inch strips.

1028.jpg

1029.jpg

1030.jpg

Take two strips and twist them together.

1031.jpg

Alright now its time to fire up the MAK! I ran it up to 400°.

The plan was to use 100% wine soaked pellets for this cook tonight but the auger kept jamming up with them. After three tries I gave up and mixed plain oak with them to get them to feed without issue, about a 60% oak and 40% wine mix.

First in was some bacon I used in the dessert..I'll explain later.

1032.jpg

The cheese twists went in once the bacon was done for 6 minutes.

1042.jpg

Once the twists were done I lowered the temp to 275° and put in the tip roast. When the internal temp of the roast hit 150° I took it out and covered it with a foil tent and let it rest 10 minutes.

1045.jpg

1049.jpg

Continued..

LarryF

You are making me hungry before I have even seen the finished produce. Your photography is most excellent.

Chili Head

Next up was to put the salad together and get it all plated.

The salad consisted of iceburg lettuce, oranges, beets, red apples, roma tomato, raspberry vinaigrette dressing and sunflower seeds.

Here we have it plated up.

1053.jpg

1054.jpg

1057.jpg

The peppered tip roast turned out great! It was melt in your mouth tender with just the right amount of pepper and garlic that it needed no extra seasoning once on the table.

The salad was refreshing and light and the acidity of the dressing went well with the oranges and apple and the salty sunflower seeds. The salad had a traditional feel with the beets and tomatoes added. After washing it down with a cold glass of milk I would say this dinner was excellent!

Now you may be wondering whats for dessert that had bacon in it..

Continued..

Chili Head

For dessert I made ..CIRCUS FREAKS with chocolate drizzled oranges !!

The dessert ingredients.

1034.jpg

16 ounces of semi sweet chocolate
2 bananas
5 tb smooth peanut butter

Melt your chocolate slowly in a double boiler.

1038.jpg

To make the circus freaks I peeled the bananas and sliced them into one inch pieces then halved the pieces. I cut the bacon into 1 inch pieces as well.

1035.jpg

Take a piece of banana and smear some peanut butter on the flat bottom side of the slice and then add a pice of the bacon over the peanut butter. Run a toothpick through the bacon and the banana so you can hang on to it whild dipping it.

1036.jpg

Dip them into your melted chocolate and place them on a non stick sheet and remove the toothpick. Once they were covered with chocolate I placed them in the fridge to get them to set up. The orange was peeled and had the chocolate drizzled over them.

1061.jpg

I just figured out how to take non blurry close ups! :cool:

1064.jpg

1065.jpg

WOW!! This was the first time I made these and they were good!
I wasnt sure what I was going to make for dessert today and I remembered seeing these awhile back somewhere and since I already had everything in house already..why not!

I'm glad I added the orange slices because the circus freaks were very rich! After a circus freak I ate an orange to refresh the palate and ate another circus freak then another orange ect hehehe. A glass of milk was needed for this dessert!
Rich, chocolatey, citrisy..perfect!

I hope you like it!

sparky

holy crap. you must be a chef. the meal is 1st class. i like the meat, salad and dessert alot. nicely done partner. :cool:

Top Bottom