E.B.T.K.S. Lasagna (Everything but the kitchen sink)

Big Poppa

Administrator
Everything but the kitchen sink Lasagne
For this weeks comp in Antioch I decided to premake some lasagne and smoke it on the MAK one Star when I got there....Those of you who know me now know that there will always be a little twist thrown in....

Lets start...first off I tried to buy everything at Costco...(couldnt get the noodles and the alfredo) I usually make everything from scratch...alfredo, pesto, bolognese, etc. But I am trying to make these recipes I present simple and easy.
DSC00066.jpg

Then in an deep deep tray start with a layer of alfredo and then put the no boil lasagna pasta on top
DSC00070.jpg

Add a layer of Prosciutto
DSC00071.jpg

then put some mozzearella and ricotta and pesto (Kirkland from costco..love it) then another layer of the pasta
DSC00073.jpg

For the bolognese I browned sweet italian sausage and organic ground beef, sauteed sweet onions diced red bell peppers and 6 cloves of garlic with little louies with pepper and then added it to the jar of marinara "kirkland" from costco...(very good I might add). I spread that liberally on the lasagna and then hit it with more ricotta and mozzarella then added another layer of pasta
DSC00074.jpg

Here is the curve ball...Costco had these Mario Batali sausage and fennel raviolis...what the heck There is my next layer!
DSC00075.jpg

Cover with more bolognese sauce and sprinkle heavily with grated mozzarella, quatro formaggio and the last layer is shredded parmasean

Bake for 1.5 hours at 325 in your smoker...covered the first 45 minutes!
DSC00086.jpg

DSC00090.jpg

the boys liked it!
DSC00093.jpg

sparky

raviolis in lasagna? dude, what have you been smoking? i have never heard of that before. always the genius. the lasagna looks great. where's the milk?

Deb

nice....... that's the cool thing about lasagna - it can be as easy or as complicated as you want to make it

ACW3

WOW!!! What else can I say? It looks fantastic. I wish you would upgrade to the version of site software that allows all the members to at least "smell" the dishes you prepare!

Art

Top Bottom