It all started with a butt

Meat Man

It all started with a pork butt.
Trying two different styles. Hey why stop there, add in two chicken breast. Throw in a half rack of baby backs, and what do you have? Dinner for a guy who can't make up his mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sparky

the food looks great. whats all the aluminum foil for? you got to get the mak dirty buddy. it not going to stay clean forever. just saying.... ;)

ACW3

What Sparky said! Get a good putty knife and keep it clean that way. Saves on foil cost.

Art

Meat Man

I know, I feel like such a woosie. The truth is I had just gave my baby a very comprehensive cleaning which required alot of effort, I even removed the hood. I like a clean smoker. So I used a little bit of foil, so what, Shoot Me!

scooter

You go on and use as much foil as you want Meat Man! Keep your General looking sharp. There's no rule that says your MAK needs to look like crap in order to cook great tasting Q. You can have a working grill and a clean sharp looking grill at the same time if you're willing to put in the time to keep it looking sharp. Most folks aren't willing to put in the time to do that.

Chili Head

I take the hood off of mine too every month ;) I'm looking for the perfect bristle brush to knock the carbon off those hard to reach areas so I dont have to take the hood off anymore though :cool:

Meat Man

Chili Head if you find one let me know, I used a fine steel wool pad and it came off easily but removing and reinstalling the hood was a bit of a job. We use a long thin bristle brush that's flexible I'll try that next time. I will let you know.

Chili Head

Thanks meat man! I'm thinking a long bottle brush will do it but I haven't found one yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom