Havasu 2012

Meat Man

We are forming a BBQ team, and are very excited to get rolling. Really wanted to start out local and small. But there is no comps in Utah, nobody wants to grill in the snow. So looking at the KCBS calendar I think we may go to the Havasu competition in January. It looks like a great event with some top notch teams competing, and the weather in Arizona that time of year is alot better than Utah. Has or are any teams gone or going to go? If so any recommendations for a new team.

Thanks Will

Last edited:

Matt Dalton

Safe travels to all that are driving out to Havasu..If I remember right the smoke mobile blew up on the way there right?..well I'm sure that won't happen this year!..Sterling after bombing brisket the last 2 times we were in Az I've decided to roll with the MAK this time..after seeing the pictures you and Andy have posted lately..plus the fact I've cooked quite a few on it already with comp worthy results..were going for it!

Meat Man

We rolled into town at 7pm. Long drive, 9 hours, but a nice one. We are very lucky to live in such a beautiful and diverse Counrty. Had a nice dinner, and gonna get some sleep. We will be there bright and early tomorrow morning to get checked in. Our hotel looks out over the park and you can see and smell all of the smoke from the grills, awesome! We are really stoked to be here, this is our first competition. Any advice for the first timers, nows the time.

Thanks Will

firehouse_bbq

Best of luck BPS, and Left Coast. We are way sorry we had to miss this one. Cant wait to see who walks! Cant wait to hear the stories of the brisket on the Hasty Bake and see the pics!

Top Bottom