Smoke/Grill Lamb Chops

okiesmokie mike

Howdy fellow smokers, been busy smokin and enjoying the heck out of MAK 2, grabbed some lamb chops and can't find any proven recipes...... any thoughts...recipes out there?

Thanks to all.
OkieSmokie Mike
;););)

RickB

Howdy fellow smokers, been busy smokin and enjoying the heck out of MAK 2, grabbed some lamb chops and can't find any proven recipes...... any thoughts...recipes out there?

Thanks to all.
OkieSmokie Mike
;););)

No sense in a long smoke for lamb chops. Crank the mak up and get a sear for a medium rare chop. You might get a little flavor, I would try a cherry pellet.

What number Mak you got?

Last edited:

MAK DADDY

Yes, high over the flame zone like a steak 3 to 6 minutes per side depending on thickness.
A little rub with olive oil and seasonings and your ready for the grill, tasty!

scooter

I've never done lamb chops but I've done a few racks of lamb. Thinly sliced chops should be done really hot. Thick cut chops, like over an inch or inch and a half, can be slow smoked then seared really, really hot for a short period of time (2 mins per side).
Olive oil, garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper are all friends of lamb.

Take pics and show us how it turned out.

okiesmokie mike

Scooter, took your advise as the chops were about 1.5 inches thick. Started the process with olive oil and a Scott Farm 'Spirited Southwest' rub I had picked up at State Fair. Smoked them for 75 minutes, temp of meat was ~100 F. Then sat them in the warmer section while I turned the MAK up to 425 f. 2 minutes per side, ~145 degrees, medium rare. FABULOUS!!!!
Now for the bad news, took great pics, and tried for an hour to download them and failed, once again. I'll work on the download feature over upcoming Holiday to get it straightened out. You can teach an Okie to Smoke, but not to run a computer. :)

OkieSmokie Mike

Top Bottom