Pulled turkey sandwiched with white BBQ sauce and slaw

Chili Head

First up was to make the bread for the sandwiches. I just used an italian bread recipie I've used here before. I seem to be using that alot!

005-4.jpg

008-6.jpg

Next up was to get the turkey breast going for the pulled turkey. I set the MAK to 265° using apple pellets.

001-3.jpg

I took all the skin off and set it aside to use later. Once skinless I seasoned the turkey with Big Poppas desert gold seasoning and I then put the skin back onto the turkey to give it more flavor and to keep it from drying out while cooking.

003-7.jpg

004-7.jpg

Into the MAK until the IT reaches 165°.

006-7.jpg

I sliced some purple cabbage up into thin strips and made a slaw dressing out of mayonaise, celery seed,salt and pepper and cider vinegar.

010-3.jpg

The turkey is done!

014-7.jpg

continued..

Chili Head

Once the skin was removed I pulled the turkey.

015-6.jpg

018-6.jpg

In a bowl I added some turkey and Big Bob Gibsons white BBQ sauce and mixed it up well.

019-6.jpg

021-6.jpg

All right lets make a sandwich!!

Some home made bread piled high with smoked pulled turkey with white BBQ sauce, add some slaw and you're good to go! I had veggie fries with the sandwich tonight and a couple of dill pickle spears.

025-4.jpg

026-5.jpg

027-5.jpg

This was the first time I made a pulled turkey sandwich with the white BBQ sauce. I can tell you it wont be the last!! It was good!

Now I did leave room for dessert and here's what I made.

continued..

Chili Head

Puff Pastry Chocolatines with Haagen Dazs peanut butter and chocolate ice cream.

To start this off I used one puff pastry sheet and cut it into 2 x 3 inch rectangles. I messed up at first and cut the sheet into triangles..whoops! I had to piece them back together to make the rectangles. Once you have your rectangles cut put on one tablespoon of chocolate on one end of the pastry. I used dark chocolate morsels for these. Then I just rolled them up and cooked them in the MAK for 15 minutes at 375°.

012-6.jpg

011-6.jpg

013-5.jpg

017-4.jpg

Getting there!

024-3.jpg

OK who wants dessert besides me??

029-3.jpg

028-5.jpg

032-3.jpg

Man that ice cream melts fast!! I almost sprinkled these with powdered sugar..I'm glad I didnt because they would have been too sweet eating them with the ice cream.
I would say tonights meal was a success!! The flavors I put together tonight worked very well together. The slaw dressing complimented the Big Bob Gibsons white BBQ sauce nicely. And the dark chocolate in the pastry thats not so sweet went well with the sweet chocolate and peanut butter ice cream.

bflodan

Great lookin meal Chili!!! Guess you couldnt wait 5 more days for that Turkey!! You shouldnt have dont that, now I want some!!

ACW3

Me thinks I need to get some of that white sauce, soon. Shoud be a "little bit of turkey" avaiable in the not-too-distant-future! Great cook. I like your dessert idea.

Art

Chili Head

Thanks everyone! It was one of the best tasting and easiest dishes I have put together in awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom