Smokey Mussels over Linguine

bflodan

Wanted something different tonight and I had a seafood craving.. Was at Whole Foods and saw the Mussels and thought that sounded good...Was just going to do them in a broth but while they where on the smoker I decided to do it over Pasta.. Sorry for that lack of pics, I was solo with the 3 year and 12 week old...

The Ingredients...I forgot to show the red pepper flakes that I also added...

002.jpg

Diced up the green onion, 5 cloves of garlic, a roma tomato, 1 shallot and some fresh tarragon...Sauteed in some butter and then added some white wine, maybe about 1/4 bottle....I did that on the stove for the high heat and then put the sauce on the MAK for about an hr on smoke...

004.jpg

006.jpg

Brought it back inside and on the high heat I added the Mussels and covered for about 3min...Uncovered and added some heavy cream and back on the smoker thickin up a bit for about 30min on smoke setting....If I wasnt alone with the kids I would have tried doing all this over the flame zone...

008.jpg

010.jpg

Served over Linguine with some nice crusty French Bread

013.jpg

Came out really good and could taste the smoke flavor...Im going to try this again but do it all in the MAK griddle....

ACW3

When my wife sees this, I will be making it for dinner, soon. Looks really tasty! Nice job. Let's see, 1/4 bottle of white wine for the sauce, and 3/4 bottle for the cook. Sounds about right. Which white wine did you use?

Art

bflodan

Thanks for the comments. This could be a top 5 for me. There are so many ways to do mussels, can't wait to try another.

Top Bottom