First T-Day Dinner with the MAK!

TentHunter

Here's a rundown of our Thanksgiving Dinner.

I'm going to start & end with the Desert!

This is my favorite desert the Mrs. makes and this year it was better than ever because she baked it on the MAK! It's a two layered desert; the bottom layer is pumpkin pie & the top is Cheesecake.
TDAY1101.JPG

Onto the MAK at 350° for 45+ minutes.
TDAY1102.JPG

Next up, I made up some homemade Cranberry-Apple Relish: Cranberries, two kinds of apples, the juice & pulp of 1 orange, the zest of 1/2 orange, some sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg & water. Boiled until the berries popped, then mashed slightly & allowed to cool.
TDAY1103.JPG

The Turkey prepped - Spatchcocked & rubbed with Olive Oil, Sage, Rosemary, Salt & Pepper. Then onto the MAK at 275° with BBQ'rs Delight Apple Pellets until it reached an I.T. of about 150° then bumped to 325° (to crisp the skin a bit) until an I.T. of 165°.
TDAY1104.JPG

Later it was time to put on the Cornbread & Sausage Stuffing (The turkey's looking & smelling good!).
TDAY1105.JPG

You gotta have some sweet potatoes, right? This is my favorite way of making them.

Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes- Two large sweets cooked & mashed with 1/2 stick butter, 1/2 package of cream cheese & a few TBS Brown sugar (Not overly sweet but really good!). Topped with a mix of Chopped Pecans, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon & just a little Salt to balance the flavor. Then into to the MAK to catch a little smoky love!
TDAY1106.JPG

We cleaned & trimmed some fresh turnip greens and added one of the pork bones I'd cured & smoked a couple months ago. After it cooked down I removed the meat from the bone and added it back to the greens.
TDAY1107.JPG

I have smoked my share of Turkeys, but this year with the MAK it was by far the most care-free Turkey I have ever smoked!
TDAY1108.JPG

The whole dinner was fabulous.
TDAY1109.JPG

I said I was going to Begin & End with desert... Done on the MAK, the Pumpkin-Pie-Layered-Cheesecake picked up just a hint of smoke that was out of this world good!
TDAY1110.JPG

I hope your Thanksgiving was blessed.

Thanks for looking!

Cliff

Last edited:

Chili Head

Yes! That's my kind of meal! I love greens!
Hey bud your turkey has highwaters on :)
Nice job it looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TentHunter

...the pumpkin pie cheesecake looks awesome!

Rip, you have to try one done on your MAK. You'll love it! What's funny is my wife doesn't even like pumpkin pie or cheesecake. Not only does she put up with me... she makes me desert too! :p

Top Bottom