First Ribs on the GMG

Sgt Smoke

OK folks here is a picture from my first slab of ribs cooked on the GMG. I will say they tasted as good as they look. Thanks for all the help.

Sgt Smoke

1 hour @ 180 for smoke with a handful of mesquite to start and 50/50 oak & apple for the rest of the cook
2 hours @ 240 with 50/50 oak & apple
1 hour @ 240 foiled with honey, apple juice & Demerara Sugar
1 hour @ 240 un-foiled, sprayed with apple juice twice
Pulled and rested in foil for 20 minutes
They were just right with an awsome smoke ring, the ribs I have cooked in the past were good, used the 3-2-1 method, but they always were "falling of the bone". These were tender but the meat did not "fall off the bone". I got a late start because I had to make a pellet run. Pick up 80 lbs of assorted flavors of BBQ Delight this morning and did'nt get the ribs in until 1:00 pm. I think the Masterbuilt will be collecting alot of dust.

sparky

dude, those ribs look great. i have cooked a few ribs in my days and those ones look top shelf. nice job partner. :cool:

TentHunter

Sarge, those ribs look great. Beautiful sheen and nice smoke ring.

You might want to check out bigpoppasmokers.com website for your BBQ'rs Delight Pellets. It's actually cheaper for me to order them than to drive somewhere and buy them.

Keep posting your pics and don't forget to enter the contests! :)

Sgt Smoke

I check it out an your right TentHunter bigpoppasmokers gets my next order of BBQ Delights. As soon as I clean it up I can use my MB for storing the pellets like So Cal Smoker said.

squirtthecat

Nice ribs!

The MB would make a good warming oven as well if you are having a party, etc. That's what my Bradley Electric does on occasion.

Koolranch

dude, those ribs look great. i have cooked a few ribs in my days and those ones look top shelf. nice job partner. :cool:

Lol " I've done a few in my days"

The ribs look great. How do you like the GMG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom