My son's BBQ Loin Chops

TentHunter

Talk about a proud pappa...

Its very cold out this and I'm still recovering from Pneumonia, so my 15 year old son cooked these up this evening on the MAK 1 Star. All I did was explain how to cook them, he did the work including taking the photos himself.

He hit them with some Smokin' Guns "Gun Powder" rub, then onto the GrillGrates in the MAK with Hickory pellets. He ran it in smoke mode for about 15 minutes, then turned the temp up to 400 to grill them.
LEECHOP1.JPG

At an internal temp of about 110° he flipped them and brushed on some BBQ sauce.
LEECHOP2.JPG

He pulled them at an internal temp of about 147° and plated them up.
LEECHOP3.JPG

They smelled so good when he brought them in I couldn't wait to dig in. They tasted as good as they looked & smelled. They were very moist, tender and had a perfect amount of smoke.

I think he did an excellent job.

Deb

Awesome job. TH jr! He needs his own login and where is mrs th - I tHought you were going to get her to join us?

sparky

thats fantastic. those look real good. log on TH jr. i know you have had those grill grates for over month. how come they are so clean?

ACW3

Good looking food! At this rate, with the wife and son using the 1 Star, you'll be needing a bigger, or at least another, pellet grill. Give BP a call. I'll bet he can help you out.

Art

Koolranch

Wow that's great. My son is two 1/2 and I can't wait to do stuff like this with him. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TentHunter

Thanks everyone. I'll be sure TH Jr. reads all these nice comments! :)

i know you have had those grill grates for over month. how come they are so clean?

I've actually had them a couple months now. I've had Pneumonia & haven't done a lot of cooking period let alone used the GrillGrates. I plan to do some cooking this weekend though!

P.S. Look at the grill marks they gave with a pit temp of only 400°!

Last edited:
Top Bottom