Cooking prime rib for 500...What I did today

Big Poppa

Administrator
Ok fair warning there were no pellets used but this is a pretty neat cook so I thought I would share.

The Ernie Ball Company has its christmas party for the employees in the Coachella factory as a family event....It is really fun and the Big Poppa team loves to cook it..

I decided that they were very good this year so we would cook prime rib...for 500. I have a trailer made just for charity work...it is by Meadow Creek and has a 42 inch insulated pig roaster and a 60 inch insulated pig roaster..they have aux racks too...then we have two of their world famous chicken cookers (bbq 42's) where you sandwich the chicken between two grates and turn it all at once...but the secret is that they make the best garlic bread in twenty seconds. The trailer also has 3 burners and a 4 hole sink

So here we go
Seasoned them with Smokin Guns Hot and Big Poppa's Double Secret
DSC00154.jpg

First cooker loaded....250 for about 3.75 hours
DSC00159.jpg

Checking midway with my Christmas Red Thermapen!
DSC00162.jpg

THe smaller cooker after we pulled the first few off and into the cambro
DSC00164.jpg

Presentation carving...the onloy way to serve good meats.
DSC00168.jpg

Three random plates
DSC00169.jpg

Joe with the Kings Cut AKA THe Big Poppa Cut
DSC00172.jpg

The line
DSC00171.jpg

It was really fun to calculate all of this meat and hitting the time exactly! Waa Laa!

warpath

Damm!! You mad me hungry.. Now I have to shop for Prime Rib tomorrow.. good looking job..

seeya
Dave

ACW3

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! That is one great looking cook. I can almost taste that prime rib. That BP cut is enough to feed a small family. Your employees are truly blessed to work for an owner like you.

I'm with Sparky on the party for the forum members. I'd use some of my points to fly out there for that kind of party.

Art

HoDeDo

Good looking grub there BP!! We did a Prime rib and lamb class this weekend, students would have been happy with that spread!!!

TentHunter

Wow I am blown away! That's a lot of great food.

But, now my stomach hurts just thinking about trying to eat that King's (Big Poppa) Cut! :p

Top Bottom