What is you "go to Failsafe" dish"

Phrett Bender

Pork butts. So far (knocking on wood) I haven't screwed one up and have tried a dozen different cook times and methods. Have a few favorites that always turn out super and are alwayws appreciated.

Bear

For me, butts seem to be "foolproof". Definitely my favorite when company's coming, because I like to get them finished and foiled to a cooler before guests get here. Then it's just a matter of pulling them when we are ready to serve.

sparky

for me it's baby backs. what could be easier. mustard, rub, smoke 5 - 6 hours. and now i have bear's recipe for ribs that fall off the bone and the wife loves. 2 ppl or 47 (last years 4th of july party at sparky's house) cooking ribs is easy.

CarterQ

Whole Chickens (used to rotisserie but now I spatchcock) or Tri Tips, Like Poppa I'd rather hang out with guests rather than cook. Both of these serve up well and make for a nice dinner.

TentHunter

Hmmm... I wouldn't have thought of this, but when I asked the family what their favorite dish is, all three of them immediately said, "Armadillo Eggs."

I make two kinds 1/2 with jalapenos and 1/2 with sweet peppers, and I guess they do go over well with guests.

HoDeDo

IF they want something smoked, Pork Butt is the no brainer for me. If they want something grilled and I need to provide a show... flank steak. If no show, pork tenderloin...

On game day, ABTs, pig candy, and wings are on the menu... Opps, guess I dont have one failsafe LOL

Big Poppa

Administrator
you forgot moink balls and armadillo eggs! I love abt's and love to stuff them with different stuff...Ive made Crab stuffed, Lobster....same with fatties! I make my fatties with a bacon weave and piss off the purists.

Top Bottom