Friday afternoon ribs

After talking to some folks at work (all experienced smokers), I decided I needed to leave and go cook some ribs (it has been a while). Nothing new, just one rack of meaty back ribs with FM, LLw/P, and 3EYZ, and one wimpy rack of spares cut St. Louis style (thanks again Tenthunter) with Worcester and Texas BBQ Company Grand Champion rub:

IMG_3488.jpg

IMG_3489.jpg

Put on top shelf of #500:

IMG_3491.jpg

Sparky's foil love for the back ribs. The spares will just ride:

IMG_3495.jpg

IMG_3497.jpg

Out of FL (both racks looking good):

IMG_3500.jpg

Wimpy rack of spares actually done first:

IMG_3504.jpg

Back ribs ready now:

IMG_3505.jpg

IMG_3506.jpg

These were excellent. It has been 5 months since I got my MAK and I finally can consistantly make ribs to my liking. Not sure why it took so long, but I have tried numerous temps, methods, etc, and I finally am happy. Still not done experimenting, but at least if I have guests over, I know how to make them to my satisfaction!

Sparky,
Both racks very tasty. The spares are a little spicy and the backs are sweet. That is why I like to do one of each! They are only good because I learned from you! Thanks for all the help and answers to PM's the last five months. You have been a great help.

warpath

I do a modified sparky foil love..I add about 1/2 cup of Newcastle ale and the pour it and the rest of the juices over the ribs when they come out of the foil..

seeya
Dave

TentHunter

Nothing new, just one rack of meaty back ribs with FM, LLw/P, and 3EYZ, and one wimpy rack of spares cut St. Louis style (thanks again Tenthunter)

Yeah, I just did two racks of spares, and they were a little on the wimpy side too. It really does depend on the size of the hog, who butchers them and how closely they cut to the bone. Those Loin Backs look nice and thick!

Sounds like you've hit your stride with ribs - way to go! Both racks look pretty dang good to me!

CarterQ

Nice looking ribs, isn't it a great feeling knowing you have a "go to" method on ribs that works every time?

Top Bottom