Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding

CarterQ

In laws came over for Sunday dinner last night and my MIL requested roast beef, I have been wanting to do yorkshire pudding on the MAK so this was the perfect opportunity to give it a try-

Placed a 4lb. roast seasoned with Susie Q Santa Maria seasoning on a bed of onions on the MAK running at 375 (going old school roast beef here). Will let it go until an IT of 130.

a94b5403.jpg

While the roast is roasting, start working on the yorkshire pudding batter. Mix some eggs, milk, and flour

0ac10b60.jpg

Let that rest for at least an hour

0c7df4d3.jpg

After an hour and 45 the roast is done

8262e76a.jpg

Let the roast rest while I work on the yorkies, glad that timer popped I had no idea if it was ready or not!

2af6a96f.jpg

Crank the MAK up to 400 and warm up a muffin tin with some pan drippings until hot

557167bd.jpg

Pour batter into hot tins

7c712766.jpg

Cook about 20 minutes until golden brown

0a91b829.jpg

Roast is ready for carving, went a little more to the medium side than I normally would but I was catering to my guests.

134e796b.jpg

Served up the beef with the yorkshire pudding and homemade gravy, mashed taters, and a salad.

44139f2f.jpg

This came out good, roast was great and the yorkshires weren't too bad either, just need a little tweaking on my cook time and they will be perfect. All in all a great sunday classic!

TentHunter

Oh yeah! Wait, hold on...

OK, back; I had to add Yorkshire Pudding to my list! :)

That whole meal looks really good

Beautiful Carter! I love Yorkshire Pudding as it was one of my dad's favorites. I did it a couple of weeks ago on the MAK when I did a prime rib for the weekend contest. No pictures because it came out horrible. Your pics have inspired me to try again! Great cook!

Top Bottom