DEC 16th contest...cmon take a break from shopping and cook!

Big Poppa

Administrator
Lets see the week before xmas...smoke a partridge in some pear tree wood!

First $25. Store Credit to Big Poppa Smokers
Second $15. Store Credit to Big Poppa Smokers
Third $10. Store Credit to Big Poppa Smokers

5 bucks credit for everybody else that enters!

bflodan

Kurobuta Pork Chops & Scalloped Potatoes

Grabbed a few kurobuta pork chops from the butcher yesterday... Been pretty busy with work and Christmas coming up so only had time for a quick cook...Seasoned up the chops with some garlic evoo, BPSGS w/p and oc's sweet and heat... Sliced some potatoes and made a quick sauce with half and half.. Put have of the mixture in a pan and topped with cheese then did the same with the second half...

001-16.jpg

003-15.jpg

005-19.jpg

007-21.jpg

Covered the potatoes with foil and on the MAK at 250 along with the chops... Pulled the chops at 130, pulled the foil of the taters and cranked to high...After about 20min put the chops on the grill grates for about 3min per side...Pulled and let rest for 15min under foil...

008-17.jpg

011-11.jpg

All that and forgot the vegetable...Ohh well

013-12.jpg

What a great tasting chop... Definitely worth the little extra cost... What great flavor with smoke and seasonings!!

Last edited:

FLBentRider

Birthday Ribeyes

DSC_1642.jpg

I asked my son what he would like for is birthday dinner. He said "steak"

Six ribeyes with some John Henry's Raspberry Chipolte.
DSC_1656.jpg

MAK set to SMOKE with Perfect Mix
DSC_1657.jpg

Some onions
DSC_1658.jpg

After about 45 minutes, moved them to the warming area, set MAK to HIGH and install Grill Grates

A few minutes on each side, until ~128F internal temperature
DSC_1659.jpg

Sorry, you're not getting any
DSC_1660.jpg

Done
DSC_1661.jpg

DSC_1662.jpg

To be Continued

Deb

Busy weekend so it was a quick dinner tonight

Quartered up some small red potatoes and an onion tossed with little Louies w pepper, a little clarified butter (leftover from baking today) and a little olive oil. Pork tenderloin with LL w pepper, thyme & rosemary.

photo-66.jpg

Tenderloin, potatoes & carrots
photo-69.jpg

This morning:
put some hickory pellets in the hopper

black pepper kurobuta bacon pre smoke

photo-57-1-1.jpg

right before coming out
photo-64.jpg

it's wrapped in plastic wrap resting in the fridge. I'll slice it tomorrow

Last edited:

squirtthecat

Nuts about Christmas

:cool:

IMGP7324.JPG

The usual suspects..

IMGP7323.JPG

Gonna take 2 trips through the Reveo. 1 bag of Pistachios to 1/2 bag of Almonds.

IMGP7327.JPG

Our newest addition (Katy) is not impressed with the noise.

IMGP7326.JPG

I think this is the best way to mix these things. It really drives the flavors deep into the shells.

IMGP7330.JPG

6.5 pounds on the MAK.

IMGP7337.JPG

And the Traeger is stuffed to the gills. I have 3.5 hours to figure out how I'm going to get them off of there.

IMGP7340.JPG

Coffee and smoke, a perfect way to spend a chilly Saturday morning..

IMGP7346.JPG

Gonna need some more Tabasco soon. Sheesh.

20111217105839.jpg

I'm letting them roll at 200° for 4 hours. Then into a steam table pan to finish drying in the house oven.

Continued..

squirtthecat

Nuts about Christmas cont..

And we're done. Sort of. They never get completely dry in the Pellet cookers, so they'll spend some time in the house oven drying out.

MAK nuts at the 4 hour mark.

IMGP7354.JPG

Traeger nuts at the 4.5 hour mark. Still pretty tacky. I don't have an expansion rack for the Traeger, so they were piled in there half an inch thick.

IMGP7356.JPG

Into the house oven for the next few hours.

IMGP7358.JPG

--

And we're ready to spread some Blazin' cheer..

20111218185122.jpg

Kept some in reserve for us. ;)

20111218185137.jpg

Merry Christmas to the paper kid, our dueling mailmen, the trash guy who hauls off all the greasy/nasty/ash covered messes I put out every Sunday night (he's also getting a 12 pack of Bud to wash the nuts down :cool:), etc. etc...

sparky

football ribs

the players

PC080043.jpg

onto one of the maks @ 275

PC080047.jpg

some flippy, flippy

PC080051.jpg

looking good manard....

PC080054.jpg

time for the good stuff

PC080056.jpg

looks good so far

PC080058.jpg

PC080063.jpg

on done. resting.

PC080065.jpg

all cut up and ready for the game.

PC080070.jpg

nice smoke ring dude. why thank you.

PC080071.jpg

they were very good.

Scallywag

Ok... this was harder than I thought it would be.. everything looks amazing!! Well here goes..

3rd place Sparky, your ribs are always an amazing sight and I'm sure they tase out of this world. I am still laughing at the fact that you have to put your name on your mustard so no one takes it. Too funny!

2nd place FLBentRider , Birthday Ribeye's look fantastic and I hope it was a good end to the Birthday celebrations.

1st place , bflodan Kurobuta chops and scalloped potatoes.. wow I am still trying to get all the drool off of my monitor!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!!

Chili Head

Congrats bflodan , flbentrider and sparky!

The holidays are keeping me busy BP or I would be playing too! I just think people have a lot going on right now.

TentHunter

Congrats guys!

The holidays are keeping me busy BP or I would be playing too! I just think people have a lot going on right now.

Same here. We were busy busy busy this past weekend as I suspect a lot of folks were. We haven't even gotten a Christmas tree yet! The community concert band (which my whole family is in) has one more concert to perform in tonight then we can relax a little and hopefully I get to cook some!

Rip

Congrats to the winners! Sorry BP, I didn't cook anything this weekend you guys haven't seen a bazillion times already.

sparky

ya for me. oh, and for the other winners too. i never win. i'm so happy. i see some balsamic in my view. ;)

Top Bottom