Vande Roase Farm Duroc Rack Of Pork

Big Poppa

Administrator
Vande Rose Farms is one of the great pork producers in the country. They are in Iowa and everything is natural and perfect. All the pork is a deeper red that cooks out. I think of this as the Wagyu of Pork.

Today I got a shipment of many things they sell to possibly include in the BIg Poppa Meat Locker site. I decided to cut the 10 bone pork rack in half and I started with Carolina Treet BBQ sauce as a glue and then hit it hard with Mig Poppa's Double Secret Rub. Preeated the Memphis Pro to 250 and let her go until it hit 145.

P1000055.jpg

P1000056.jpg

P1000057.jpg

Hang with me the next post has the good stuff....

Big Poppa

Administrator
OK now the money shots....
THe part that looks pink actually wasnt. This is the most tender and juicy Pork I have ever had.
P1000058.jpg

P1000061.jpg

I had a guest over...Pup I gave him a little tiny slice!
P1000068.jpg

TentHunter

This is the third reference I've seen about "Big Poppa's Meat Locker" so I just searched and found the test site. This could be good news for an Ohio boy who wants some good brisket!

Edit: That's one juicy looking loin chop. Its too early in the morning for me to be drooling this much!

Last edited:

BradT

That looks just as good as that loin you made yesterday, and that company's sausage is amazingly yummy too.

5 Hole

Wow... The BPS Meat Locker will be well stocked! The difference between Duroc and regular pork is amazing! If you haven't tried Duroc, do yourself a favor and throw some on the cooker. You won't be disappointed.

Deb

Nice!

BP - have you had pork from a Berskshire pig ? If so how does the Duroc compare?

Top Bottom