Pics of pork loin stuffed with fruit

gwapogorilla

Looks good. What do you use in your smoke daddy?

Strictly pellets Deb. I like being able to create my own blend of pellets, or just going straight 100% of a certain flavor. My wife got me the smoke daddy for Christmas last year, and I just love it! It is better than putting the pellets in a iron pot and placing it on the burner, because I actually had problems with no smoke being generated during warmer days. The burner is controller by electric thermostat of course, so on a warmer day the burner wasn't on enough to get the wood smoldering.
Now, even on a hot day, I can get smoke rolling and I have better control of how long I smoke something...right down to the minute. And, I can control how much smoke goes into my smoker, something I couldn't do with the fire pot method.

gwapogorilla

Was that loin stuffed with fruit cocktail? I like it!

Apple pie filling and maraschino cherries. I have to confess...I was feeling lazy.:eek: I have a recipe using fresh apples, dates, raisins...but it was such a bad week at work that I took a short cut. Well, it tasted like a short cut too.
Don't get me wrong...it was still good. Just not a good as my "holiday loin" , as my son calls it.

I don't see a place here to post recipes...it forwards me to BP's website. Otherwise I put it here for you all to look at.

Rip

Rip, I thought that area was for pics. If I am allowed to post strictly a recipe there...I will do so.

Well, a pic or two would be nice...you can certainly post it in The Lounge. I'm not a moderator, don't even play one on TV, heck I haven't even stayed at a Holiday Inn lately :) ... But the Gallery is where you share your cooks, and seems like a logical place to share your recipe.

The guiding principles here at PSF are be nice, have fun, and share!

TentHunter

I have a recipe using fresh apples, dates, raisins...

Now that sounds really good... Please share!

...the Gallery is where you share your cooks, and seems like a logical place to share your recipe.

The guiding principles here at PSF are be nice, have fun, and share!

Like Rip said, just post them here in the gallery. Recipes are shared here all the time. Also in the Lounge folks ask for recipes and tips all the time, so you'll find lots there as well. :)

gwapogorilla

Okay guys, here it is. Recipe for stuffed pork loin...

Half of a pork loin
1 large delicious apple diced
3/8 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped dates
1/4 cup (heeping) chopped walnuts(or pecans)
1 1/2 tsp apple pie spice
3/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves

Take a long sharp knife and insert it from one end of the loin. Force it into the loin and cut it you you end up with a long pork cylinder.
Mix all of the ingredients above and stuff them into your hollowed out meat tube. Sprinkle on your favorite pork rub, wrap in plastic and set in the fridge until next day.
Then, just throw it in your smoker...225* should do...for a 3 1/2 hours.

My sons fave!!!!:)

Top Bottom