FINALLY got my hands on a tri tip

Chili Head

I found a tri tip today and did the happy dance right there at the meat counter! Now I can taste what everyone raves about :D
Dusted this beaut down with some double secret and into one MAK burning wine soaked oak until an IT of 150.

46e1aa56-40bc-dd47.jpg

46e1aa56-40d5-e2c1.jpg

46e1aa56-40ec-879b.jpg

46e1aa56-4127-7385.jpg

It came out perfect..moist and tender! I smoked a jumbo sweet onion with a little A1 and fresh grated parmasean cheese to go with it.

46e1aa56-4231-2043.jpg

46e1aa56-4242-8a83.jpg

46e1aa56-4253-412c.jpg

46e1aa56-42dc-e6df.jpg

We'll be stocking up on tri tips for sure!

ACW3

Chili,
That looks good. Now if we get tri-tip here in NC... Something else you have cooked that I really need to try.

Art

Rip

Tri Tips are good stuff! Looks like you did them justice, nice job! The leftovers make awesome chili.

Carter13

That is great you found one, looks tasty.
I feel sorry for you guys East of us that cannont get them on a regular basis. I guess I am spoiled since I can get them fresh from Costco about four miles from my work. They are a bi monthly staple in my cooks.

warpath

I have a local grocer that now carries tri-tip all the time.. Finally got a meat manager that knew how well they sold to the used to be from the west crowd..

I have one I am going to do later this week for a new tri-tip stew recipe..

seeya
Dave

Hobbit

Great looking tri tip. We can't get them on Manassas. May have to "smuggle" some in when I travel to the West Coast.

Chili Head

I had no idea these were going to be this tasty! I'll be picking one up every time I see them from now on. They would be good whole like I did here, in fajitas, stir fry, in soups ect..

SmokinMAK

Nicely done ChiliHead! You just can't go wrong with a nice tri-tip. We get these in two-packs at Costco, and they don't last long ;)

I think I may need to make a Costco trip after Christmas to stock-up...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom