HOw many of you bake in your pellet smoker?

Big Poppa

Administrator
I know that many dealers for pellet grills have chocolate chip cookies going...I have done a few deserts....How many of you or your signifigant others use your pellet grill for baking?

CarterQ

All the time especially during the summer when we don't want to heat up the kitchen. Wife laughs at me because when shes baking I always suggest taking it outside, she thinks it's just an excuse for me to watch the MAK and have a beer! The results are great though, much better than our convection ovens in the house.

MikeB

Baking in your Pellet Grill

What pellet flavors do you use to bake with. For baked items that take less than an hour does it really matter what kind of pellets you use?

CarterQ

I normally run oak, but at baking temps you aren't really getting much smoke. I haven't noticed any real smoke flavor in anything I have baked. On my MAK and other pellet grills the heat is extremely even which makes for excellent baking results.

Deb

I have some baking to do this weekend, I"ll do it in my Traeger - I'll post it in my thanksgiving thread

MikeB - I usually use what's in the hopper. I did use pecan on the bourbon pecan cheesecake that I did - it seemed right as that is what I had smoked the pecans with.

Ssteppe

I've baked breakfast casseroles, bread pudding, roast pork with potatoes and carrots...
I use the pellets that are mostly oak when baking. Save the 100% hickory for smoking.

txpgapro

Cookies, bread, cobbler, pizza, meat loaf, lasagna, scampi, baked stuffed apples, just everything you cam think of I've already tried in just a couple of months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom