Blue Cheese Stuffed Filets

I have been away for the week and unable to use my Mak. Now that I am back, I wanted to try something different. Filet Mignon stuffed with Point Reyes blue cheese.

First, got some baked potatoes going on the Mak. Rubbed with EVOO and topped with sea salt. Then on to the Mak at 350°F for about an hour.

IMG_3513.jpg

Made a mixture of blue cheese, butter, and salt and rolled in plastic wrap and into the fridge for hardening. Will top the filets with a slice of this when they come off the grill.

When the potatoes were done, cranked the Mak up to high. While the grill was coming up to temp, made a slit in the filets and stuffed with the blue cheese:

IMG_3517.jpg

IMG_3518.jpg

Seasoned the steaks with Big Poppa's Double Secret Steak Rub:

IMG_3522.jpg

Then on to the grill grates (had to get a couple of black flakes off):

IMG_3524.jpg

Steaks are done:

IMG_3525.jpg

Plated up with a couple of slices of the hardened mixture of butter, blue cheese, and salt that I made earlier:

IMG_3526.jpg

Cooked medium-medium rare, just how the family likes it:

IMG_3528.jpg

This was fantastic if you like blue cheese! First time to cook filets, and first time to stuff with blue cheese (other than burgers). Came out great and will try again!

Probably last chance to cook before Christmas. Wife just told me the turkey had to be cooked inside so the house smells good :( Not going to fight this battle. I will try to do a prime rib the day after instead!

Carter13

I love blue cheese and those filets look outstanding. I prep my potatoes the same as you but wrap in foil.
Great job. :)

ACW3

WOW!!! You knocked it out of the park with the blue cheese. That whole plate looks fantastic.

Art

Check the internet. I'll bet there is an aerosal somewhere out there that smells like oven roasted turkey. Turkey cooked on the MAK is far and away a better choice. Make up for it with a good prime rib cook.

TentHunter

Somebody said, "Blue Cheese" and I came running... ;)

Wow, that looks absolutely fantastic NorCal! I really like that idea of making a blue cheese butter then topping the steaks with it. That is going on my "Things to Steal" list right now.

Top Bottom