Chicken Wings.

Big Poppa

Administrator
I am going tpo cook chicken wings on my new MAK ONe Star...

anybody want to share a special recipe or technique? Looking for something fresh and different....here is the last ones I did....I used Pepper Plant Garlic Hot Sauce....

IMG_0207.jpg

TentHunter

I'm planning to do wings for the weekend cook! You know those recipes that you stumble upon because you had to improvise? Well, this is one of those.

While camping, I'd forgotten to get some Italian dressing to marinade some chicken. I had to use what we had with us and ended up making a Lemon-Lime Vinagrette using some olive oil, lemon juice, lime juice, garlic, a little salt, some sugar & some red pepper flakes.

They turn out slightly caramelized with a lemon-lime smokiness. Napkins required 'cause they are a sticky mess.

squirtthecat

We've done a bunch on the 4th of July using a tequila lime seasoning (or a marinade).. Then hit with Bacon Salt!

Surprisingly good.

squirtthecat

This is another favorite... Start the day before.

I brine the bird parts overnight in a large ziplock/rubbermaid cookie/brownie container.

4 cups buttermilk
¼ cup kosher salt
½ cup Crystal hot sauce (my preference.. I've heard Crystal has less vinegar - YMMV)
½ cup L&P Worcestershire sauce (substitute Kosher/Vegan if necessary for those with anchovy issues)
1 1/3 T garlic powder
1 1/3 T cumin
1 1/3 T black pepper
1 1/3 T rubbed sage
1 1/2 T cayenne pepper

I dump it all - in that order - into the blender. Run at the lowest speed for about a minute or so to get all of the mixes interspersed into the thick buttermilk. It comes out a weird pinkish color. ;)

Soak overnight, let drip dry a little bit (don't rinse) and right onto the hot grill of your choice.

I've done this with wings, pork loin cubed up (tasted good, looked bad) and Turkey legs/breasts.

CarterQ

Portuguese Style Wings

Have done this one several times with great results

Ingredients:
2 large garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
1 large bay leaf, crumbled fine
2 teaspoons paprika
1 tablespoon kosher or coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon crushed dried red chili flakes
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 lbs of uncooked chicken wings

1. Using a food processor, mash the garlic, bay leaf, paprika, salt, chili peppers, black pepper and olive oil into a paste. Put the paste mixture into a large ziploc bag. Add chicken wings to the bag, seal the bag and rub the paste all over the wings. Refrigerate for several hours or over night.

2. Remove the chicken wings from the refrigerator and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.

3. Grill or Roast. I have done these grilled over direct heat and also roasted them at 350 for about 45 minutes on the smoker as well. Been wanting to try it with a little smoke as well but haven't had a chance yet

MAK DADDY

Baste with MAK Devils Punch sauce and light sprinkle of MAK Bird rub, cook and serve with lots of drinks because it is freaking HOT!
The Honey Stinger is the way to go for me :)

sparky

i make 2 large margaritas and throw them in a bucket. add wings. stir. 325 on grill seasoned with margarita salt. wa la....drunked wings. very easy when drinking the same.

Top Bottom