Christmas Ribeyes

Chili Head

Today I made our traditional christmas ribeyes. But this year they were extra special!
They were cooked on the MAK!

Burning wine soaked oak the MAK was set to 450º

I started off by putting in some twice baked potatoes. These were made with onion, cheddar cheese, salt and pepper.

009-6.jpg

While the potatoes were heating up to a golden brown I got the asparagus ready to go in. I drizzled them with some Garlic EVOO I just got from BP and some ground sea salt.
Big Poppa that Gradassi is good stuff! We all loved it!

004-9.jpg

It's time for some meat!

The steaks were reverse seared using grill grates. Everyone wanted theirs cooked differently from med rare to burnt. Burnt? :confused: It's christmas so I even burnt one for the MIL ;) I put hers on 15 minutes before the others. Mine was sprinkled with double secret steak rub and two others got a light sprinkle of garlic seasoning. One was even naked and plain. The wifes family have never had smoked ribeyes before tonight..they're huge fans now!

063-1.jpg

Lets plate it up!

Ribeye, twice baked, asparagus, home made honey wheat bread, orange cream salad and a glass of red wine.

065-1.jpg

066-1.jpg

068.jpg

070.jpg

All I can say is..OH MY GOODNESS!
The MAK does such a great job cooking everything I throw at it! The steaks were moist and tender. Even the one I had to over cook was very well done but not dried out.
The twice baked had the crispy outside we all love so much and with a a little salted butter it was delicious. The Asparagus came out nice and tender with a very light garlic taste. YUM!

Continued..

Chili Head

Well you gotta have holiday dessert right?? :p

Tonight I made smoked angel food cake and strawberry kabobs. There is something about smoked/grilled angel food cake that I just can't get enough of. It's soooo good!
I cooked these on the grill grates as well to get that char on them.

072.jpg

073.jpg

074-1.jpg

Put some whipped cream with it and enjoy!
This is one dessert you must try! You won't be dissapointed!

Top Bottom