Norwegian Meatballs

CarterQ

I was off the hook cooking for most of the holiday meals this year, people felt bad that we always have everything at our house (I blame the MAK for this) and decided to reciprocate.

I did do a little meal for the 4 of us on Christmas eve. A tradition on my mom's side of the family is Norwegian meatballs, I tried them on the MAK last year and they were awesome so this year I did the same-

Start out grinding fresh veal and pork

41283027.jpg

7067c74d.jpg

Mix some bread crumbs, egg, ginger, all spice, nutmeg, salt and pepper, and onion.

630b4780.jpg

Mix in the meat

422a5073.jpg

Formed into one inch meatballs and onto a frogmat. Cook at 275 until done

864757e7.jpg

While the meatballs are cooking do a basic brown gravy and then add some heavy cream

c1daeced.jpg

Meatballs are done after an hour

4e1128e9.jpg

Put them is the gravy to share the goodness for a little bit

d90fc0fb.jpg

Served over some mashed Yukon gold potatoes, green beans and a nice glass of Pinot

0275603d.jpg

22585dd8.jpg

This came out perfect again, I love the classic flavors of this holiday tradition spiced up with a little smoke. Would love to see my grandmas reaction to her recipe after I "barbecued" it!

TentHunter

That's some seriously good looking comfort food Tom!

P.S. Did you have to travel to Norwegia to learn to cook that? :p

Deb

I would have never thought to serve meatballs with mashed potatoes. Those look so good!

Hobbit

Great looking cook. Great idea to serve on mashed potatoes rather than on noodles. I will be trying that.

Top Bottom