MAK 2 Star Power Usage?

Meat Man

Does anyone know how many amps or watts a 2 Star pulls on start up, and while running? Looking to purchase a generator and what to make sure I get one large enough to run 2 to 3 grills and some lights. Looking at the Honda EU2000, any recomendations.

Thanks Will

jimsbarbecue

The Honda 2000 would run about 10 MAK Grills at once. A voltage invertor is always a option. Search Jimbotron on this site for ideas. Invertors make for quiet nights

JD McGee

Good question...my turn...I have a 1000 watt Yamaha inverter generator...will I be able to power my MAK 1 Star with it? Not too hip on electrical stuff...
Cheers!
JD

squirtthecat

I would say yes. I can run my 1 Star off of a 550 (peak) watt inverter hanging off of my car battery.

(it was full of a friends $$ ribs and my power went out..)

JD McGee

Thanks Squirt...I looked up the specs on my generator...1000w...8.3amps...should do the trick. Oh...and it's really quiet too...lol!

jimsbarbecue

I have run both our MAK Grills and a extra light on a 1000 watt inverter. I could have run three with no issue. The trick on any of this is to start one grill at a time about 4 minutes apart. I did start both MAK Grills at the same time, many times.

Top Bottom