Brisket For New Years

stewartr002

As promised, here's some pics of my brisket smoke today. I was going for more smoke flavor from the Traeger using a wood chip box by the fire pot. I think it worked as the brisket had more smoke flavor than previous smokes. Of course, the 15 hour cook time might have had something to do with it too :). Enjoy the pics.

Edit: Evidently there is a limit to the pic sizes so not all of them uploaded. The important ones are there. Thanks for looking.

Randy

Last edited:

stewartr002

No, I didn't since it was below the deflector and beside the fire pot. I just checked it and it appears that it didn't get that hot. All of the chips were blackened but they didn't burn up at all. So, I think I'm going to have to get a skinnier chip box or use a foil pouch and put it on top of the deflector plate. That should do the trick.

Yes, everything turned out okay...brisket was a little dry but tastey with more smoke flavor than before (less than my stick burner however). I'll have to foil the brisket at about 160 internal temp and cook for another couple of hours to make sure it stays moist.

Thanks for looking.
Randy

Top Bottom