Italian pulled pork with Apricot foster for dessert

Chili Head

I'll start us off !!

I decided I would make something I've never done or seen before. Shoot'n from the hip LOL :cool:

I picked up a pork butt on my way home from work and decided to make Italian pulled pork with some Louies Italian beef seasoning I picked up earlier in the day.
I used some garlic EVOO on the butt then mixed one packet of mix with 3/4 cup of water and I had intended on injecting the butt but my needle was too small..the spices kept clogging the holes..I ended up using a knife and made small slits and poured as much mixture in as I could. I then took another packet of the louies mix and dusted the butt with it.

29.jpg

With a full hopper of hickory and the pellet boss set for two hours of smoke then 255º
until I stop it it was time to put the butt on. BRRR it's cold at 3:30 am!

30.jpg

31.jpg

I'm up at 11am and the butts up to 185º..another 10º to go. I tell ya what..My yard smells fantastic!!

g.jpg

It's done! Going into FTC for a couple hours.

32.jpg

Continued..

Chili Head

Time to pull some pork! Fresh out of FTC..isnt this beautiful? And the smell..I just want to grab a hunk and chow down!

006-10.jpg

007-7.jpg

008-9.jpg

Nice smoke ring and lots of bark!

Into the crock pot with some peppers, pepper juice, another packet of Louies Italian seasoning mix and 6 cups of water. I added the water a cup at a time over several hours until the taste was right and the amount of ajus looked right.

33.jpg

After about 5 hours in the crock pot here's what we got. A perfect batch of italian pulled pork! This is on our "to do again" menu for sure! And it's even going to be better the next day ;)

024-4.jpg

Lets back up a couple hours..

While the Italian Pork is doing it's thing in the crock pot I baked a couple potatoes in the MAK at 450º. Covered in EVOO with garlic and dusted with some fresh ground sea salt they were ready to go in.

014-8.jpg

OK everything is done and I'm hungry! Lets plate it up!

Some ajus on the bottom bun, Italian pork then some mozzerella. I put it under the broiler for a minute to melt the cheese. Some more ajus on the top bun and it's ready!
Don't forget the peppers!! Gotta have those!
A potato with butter and sour cream and fresh cracked pepper..oh yeah!

026-6.jpg

025-5.jpg

027-6.jpg

Dang I wish you guys could taste this..

Continued..

Chili Head

OK it's that time again..Time for dessert!

Apricot Foster..my version anyway.

I made a sauce for the dessert using these ingredients.

011-7.jpg

Here we go shooting from the hip again..:D

A little ground nutmeg, ground cinnamon, dark brown sugar, honey, butter and spiced rum, a touch of water.

Cook it down in the MAK until the sugar melts and it's all mixed well.

012-7.jpg

While the sauce is bubbling away I grilled the apricots.

015-7.jpg

016-7.jpg

In a parfait glass (I used a martini glass) or a bowl add some sauce to the bottom and a couple apricots then the ice cream. drizzle some sauce on top and you're good to go!

019-7.jpg

020-6.jpg

A perfect ending to a perfect meal!!

The pork turned out exceptional especially since I wasnt sure what I was going to end up with. Honestly it couldnt have been any better. That's what makes this so fun, experimenting and having something turn out this well.

Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoyed the pictures.

ACW3

Great looking bark on that pork. And you know I would like the Italian pork approach. I will be trying this after my package arrives. The dessert, well, what can I say except, it looks fantastic!

Art

sparky

holy cr@p. this is fantastic. 1st class. bravo my friend. wish i lived closer to you. i want every part of this meal. maybe 2 desserts though. :)

Top Bottom