$30 chili

sparky

when to go visit jerry the butcher on friday. i said, "jerry, i am cooking steaks on saturday. dude, set me up fat". i am glad he understands the way i talk. well this is what i got.

1mak1076.jpg

two of the fattest ribeyes i have ever seen. well, there is only one rub we use in this house on steaks. thats right baby. some DSSR or in lay mans terms, BPS double sercret steak rub. note to self: order more next week running down to my last 1/2 bottle.

1mak1078.jpg

cranked up my 49er weber to high w/ my grill grates. used the way there suppose to be.

1mak1073.jpg

onto the fire and away we go.

1mak1080.jpg

my daughter came out and turned them. she likes the lines. all my kids know their way around the grill. they have to in this house.

1mak1088.jpg

done. and i must say looking wonderful.

1mak1105.jpg

well, i am making chili for tomorrows football games. football, chili & FT. sounds good.

1mak1092.jpg

this is where i get lost. my wife takes my $30 steaks and cuts them up and into the chili they go.

1mak1113.jpg

heh, wait a minute. i was going to eat my steak w/ a baked potato and a salad. she's mean. did i tell ya i am not the boss in this house.

well, "Waa Laa". sparky's $30 chili.

1mak1126.jpg

chili, corn bread, sliced bosc pears and my moo juice. i must say it was wonderful. really nice flavors.

1mak1127.jpg

this chili was so good that this morning i am having a bowl of it right now. good stuff manard.....

Last edited:

ACW3

I would be somewhere between sick-to-my-stomach for throwing the steaks into the chili and excited for the fabulous taste of the chili. Did you get to at least "taste" the steaks, Sparky?

Art

TentHunter

We Ohio'ans love our chili and I have to say that sure looks awfully good. I wouldn't mind cozying up to a bowlful right now!

Carter13

I have been wanting to do a tri tip and throwing it in some chili. I will be doing it this month, thanks for the incentive Sparky.

Top Bottom