Blood Orange Salt

Deb

A week or so ago Bruce posted a recipe for the warming drawer on the Mak Pellet Grill Fan page on facebook.... it used coarse sea salt and tangerines........

I decided that I was going to play with the warming drawer today and decided to do some kosher salt using some blood oranges that said buy me last week........ I didn't follow Bruce's directions, just did what seemed like the right proportions

I poured a bunch of kosher salt into a pie pan, zested a couple of blood oranges into the salt, mixed it up and then squeezed juice into the salt, stirring , using just enough to wet it........ then into the warming drawer on smoke, let it go til it was pretty dry, soaked it again, It was probably in there 3 hours - on smoke all but about a 1/2 hour that the grill was up to 350. I also threw some plain salt and paprika

photo-64-1.jpg

photo-65-1.jpg

it needs to dry a little more but the flavor is pretty incredible....... if I liked salt on my margaritas I think that this or a lime version would be great on the glass

now I have to figure out what to use it with.....

RickB

A week or so ago Bruce posted a recipe for the warming drawer on the Mak Pellet Grill Fan page on facebook.... it used coarse sea salt and tangerines........

I decided that I was going to play with the warming drawer today and decided to do some kosher salt using some blood oranges that said buy me last week........ I didn't follow Bruce's directions, just did what seemed like the right proportions

I poured a bunch of kosher salt into a pie pan, zested a couple of blood oranges into the salt, mixed it up and then squeezed juice into the salt, stirring , using just enough to wet it........ then into the warming drawer on smoke, let it go til it was pretty dry, soaked it again, It was probably in there 3 hours - on smoke all but about a 1/2 hour that the grill was up to 350. I also threw some plain salt and paprika

photo-64-1.jpg

photo-65-1.jpg

it needs to dry a little more but the flavor is pretty incredible....... if I liked salt on my margaritas I think that this or a lime version would be great on the glass

now I have to figure out what to use it with.....

I'll bring the Patron!

ACW3

The possibilities are endless. I have a bottle of blood orange infused EVOO that I haven't opened, yet. I'm thinking of injecting it into a chicken or the small turkey I have in the freezer.

Art

Top Bottom