Health, Wealth and Good Fortune.. (and Happy New Year)

squirtthecat

I won't mention what we call this - so as not to offend the purists, but you get the idea.. :D

Cabbage & ground turkey for the Wealth and Health.

20120101163202.jpg

Add the brown rice, about 50% cooked in beef broth. (will cook it about 75% next time)

20120101163633.jpg

Top with fire roasted tomatoes, and a can of Rotel mild.

20120101163810.jpg

Just because it is healthy, doesn't mean we can't bring some flavor to the party..

20120101161826.jpg

(I also seasoned each layer with a bit of Goya Adobo)

Cover tight and Into the MAK. 350°.

IMGP7659.JPG

Uncover and stir at the 40 minute mark. (cover again)

IMGP7661.JPG

60 minute mark, add the Black Eyed Peas for a big pile of Good Luck! I used Glory brand canned. (cover again)

IMGP7666.JPG

Another 10, then bring inside and stir a few more times. (cover again and rest for a bit)

IMGP7669.JPG

Let's eat!

20120101192640.jpg

Note: This is much better the next day, and it makes a LOT.

TentHunter

Mmmmmm... Comfort food!

A bowlful of that would sure warm the soul with all this cold weather and snow we've been getting.

TentHunter

We had blizzard conditions here on New Year's day, which is why I didn't even bother trying to get pics of the rib roast we cooked out on the grill. It was windy yesterday with a little more snow, and although not so windy today it's snowing heavily again right now.

Being south of Lake Erie within the snow belt, we get "Lake Effect Weather". I suspect you guys get your share as well where you're at.

Last edited:

squirtthecat

Here is the original recipe. I just doubled it and kicked it up a couple notches.

It's really easy, and good. The hardest part is cleaning up the chopped cabbage the tends to fly everywhere. ;) (I used 2/3rds of a small head this time.

bflodan

Being south of Lake Erie within the snow belt, we get "Lake Effect Weather". .

I know all too well what that means Tent.... Brings back memories... Living in the snowbelt was great as a kid but sucked when you where old enough to go help shovel out!! Im now enjoying my 68 degree week in the begining of Jan. Great lookin meal Squirt!!! Looks Delish!! Stay warm Guys!!

Top Bottom