Traeger Lowrider - pics as we go..

squirtthecat

I got a 68 pound box from Deb yesterday.

20120106125145.jpg

It's her old (original) Traeger body, minus the legs and innards.

Got the little beast wrestled into the backyard.

IMGP7682.JPG

After some scraping, and installing a new lid.

IMGP7694.JPG

IMGP7696.JPG

Umm...

IMGP7689.JPG

Still have some scraping to do, then I'll hit it with some high temp paint. (when it warms up outside)

IMGP7701.JPG

Got the holes all buttoned up to keep the moisture (and critters) out.

IMGP7705.JPG

IMGP7707.JPG

So I went to assemble a new rolling cart I got, and had a mad scientist moment.

IMGP7720.JPG

IMGP7721.JPG

Not a perfect fit by any means, but close. I'll find something to match the threads on those legs, and attach that permanently to the bottom of the grill. Then I can just screw them in. (or something shorter if I do want to use it on a tailgate)

I need to find the assorting drip pans, heat deflector, cooking racks, handle and smokestack now. I might not install an actual stack, but go with some kind of louvers like the MAKs have.

squirtthecat

I've had this in my attic for a year now.

DSC02468.JPG

And a drawer full of controllers.. Might just go with the Smoke/Medium/High one and see what kind of temps I can maintain.

I've always had the idea of slicing the legs off of the Traeger so I could use it in a Tailgate configuration. This was a perfect opportunity!

squirtthecat

Hated to see the thing end up in the scrapyard, so Deb and I worked out the shipping particulars back around Thanksgiving..

It'll be nice having a spare. I might add a 2nd or even 3rd rack to this one, and it could be my Pistachio smoker.

Anyway... Pellet grills are like potato chips. Can't have just one! :cool:

Top Bottom